Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DVD Order Agent

raindancingraindancing Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,532 Plex Pass

So I finally got around to working on a dvd-order metadata agent.
This is for those tv shows that appear in a different order on the DVD than they were originally aired in. This agent should not be used as your primary agent for a section (unless of course you have a section consisting ONLY of stuff in dvd order).

Instead, use this agent on a per-series basis, using the "match using" setting.
pic - match using.jpg

Then the episode information is read in as:
pic - firefly.png

That much was really easy. The part that I'm really proud of is the way it handles DVD-order episodes that consist of multiple Aired-Order episodes:
pic - invader zim.jpeg

No guarantees that this won't crash, explode, or otherwise fail to perform as expected, so feel free to post bugs here. smile.gif

Updated: now will work with episodes that don't have a DVD order set, like current seasons, or specials.

So enjoy, and let me know how well it works for you!
DVDorder.bundle.zip
DVDorder.bundle.zip

DVDorder.plexapp

Updated version:

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/21141-dvd-order-agent/?p=626550

Comments

• chanderchander Members, Plex Pass Posts: 162 Plex Pass
    Great plugin!

A million thanks for your hard work!
  • SmithcraftSmithcraft Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Raindancing! You are my hero for today!

Thank you very much!

SC

PMS - Fractal Node 804 - FreeNAS 9.3 - Xeon 1231v3 - 8 x 3TB WD Reds - 32GB (Not quite working yet)

2.33 GHz Core i5 2011 mini with 8 GB but soon to be a ASUS Chromebox with OpenELEC and Plex for the main HTPC

Chromecast

Motorola XYBOARD (XOOM2)

LG D415 (L90)

Loving Plex since 0.7.8

• ShadewingShadewing Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    edited December 2010
    Great Plugin! One question though, how do you get the 'Match Using' menu item when you right click in the media manager? And the 'Edit Metadata' item?
  • MickeyMickey Members, Plex Pass Posts: 498 Plex Pass
    You need to use the latest incremental: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/21016-version-0917/
    plex-userbar.jpg
  • raindancingraindancing Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,532 Plex Pass
    You need to be using the latest incremental, available in Elan's blog.
  • lwslws Members Posts: 1
    This is awesome and should've been fixed long ago by the plex team.
  • kappaknightkappaknight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 183 Plex Pass
    Where do I put the unzipped file? It would help if there's a readme file in the zip to provide instructions.
    Put the unzipped file in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plugins, where the ~ represents your user home folder.
  • mpkayeukmpkayeuk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    Thank you, thank you. Funnily enough, I was looking for this for Firefly as used in your example :D
  • AucixAucix Members Posts: 8
    Great plugin, fixed quite a few shows. Is it possible to modify it to also include an option for Absolute Ordering?
    edited December 2010
    Aucix wrote:

Great plugin, fixed quite a few shows. Is it possible to modify it to also include an option for Absolute Ordering?

Right now, agents aren't able to have options. That's not too much of a problem for this-- you would just need a whole separate agent. But first I want to focus on getting this one to work with current seasons that don't have a dvd order.

Absolute ordering has a few twists to it that makes me think it's going to be trickier to get working. I think it would need some scanner modifications as well as an agent. I think I'll try to make one eventually (purely for the challenge, since I don't have anything in abs order myself) but I can't make any promises.

On the other hand, I think it might be a fairly straightforward modification, if the files were all had a false season number in there, just to make the scanner pick it up. But I would assume that that would be a less than ideal solution for end-users.

Absolute ordering has a few twists to it that makes me think it's going to be trickier to get working. I think it would need some scanner modifications as well as an agent. I think I'll try to make one eventually (purely for the challenge, since I don't have anything in abs order myself) but I can't make any promises.

Thanks for the reply. Even without abs ordering, this saves the day :)
    I finally decided the best way to handle episodes without a dvd order. The new version is in the first post.
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 4,302 Plex Employee
    Absolute ordering should work by default with the regular TheTVDB agent. What's happening instead? :)
    Also just made a tiny change to how it combines names and summaries for multi-part episodes. Newest version in original post.
    jam wrote:

Absolute ordering should work by default with the regular TheTVDB agent. What's happening instead? :)

Shows like Naruto etc that don't actually have seasons only scan the first 15-20 episodes as Season 1. The rest are just left unscanned.
  • wilbur33wilbur33 Members Posts: 42
    Great! Will try this as soon as I get home. Looking forward to add Firefly and Seinfeld :)
     iMac i7 quad 2,8 GHz  iPad 2 - Panasonic TH42PV600 Plasma TV - Panasonic SAHE75 AV Receiver - Linux 12TB NAS - PLEX 0.9.5.1
  • KristijanKristijan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 42 Plex Pass
    Mant thanks for the plugin, been wanting this for quite some time...for Firefly as well mind you :)

-Kristijan
  • dfrellnikdfrellnik Members, Plex Pass Posts: 44 Plex Pass
    Firefly yes, and the Prisoner--and especially Farscape! (Glad to see that in your screen shot too!) This plugin did the trick for me. I'm following your progress on absolute order as well.

Really sorry to hear about your blue Christmas. :(
    PMS: MacMini 2011, El Cap. In rural U.S. with lame internet service where the cloud is not my friend. PHT on Mac Minis (2009 & 2010), Yosemite & El Capitan (HDMI/optical out to Receiver), controlled with Harmony remotes.  Also Roku2-XS, Roku3 and iOS 9 devices.
    I'm glad it's working so well for so many people!

@scaper: Thanks for the sympathy, actually the bank gave us back our money (with the caveat that they'll take it away again if there's proof that those were our charges) and Christmas turned out just fine!