Plex Remote Transcoder - Dockerized
Dockerizing Plex Remote Transcoder
This is a fork of this thread:
As a huge fan of Plex and it's community and huge fan of Docker and it's community I figure - why not combine these two awesome things ?!!
Plex Remote Transcoder is here:
Instructions for deploying to Ubuntu are here:
Tim Haan's Plex Server container is here:
The initial goal would be to create a (relatively) simple container that abstracts Tim's container, adding requirements for PRT, and then build a second container for the slaves.
Here's the action-plan as I see it:
- Setup NFS mount on Plex Server Host
- Add Plex UID and GID for NFS on Host
- Start Plex Server container mounting the config and data volumes from NFS
- Setup NFS mount on PRT Slave Host
- Add Plex UID and GID for NFS to match Host
- Start PRT Slave container mounting the config and data volumes from NFS
I've created a Github project that's a combination of Tim's and Weston's work wrapped up with a shell script:
This will be where I will begin. If you have any comments/suggestions and/or want to help knock this out of the park then feel free. There are no such thing as bad ideas.