If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL]PlexFeed - What's Most Recent - PHP Script V1.4

lexus232lexus232 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PlexFeed v1.4
Changelog:
added support for IMDB Rating and Posters
added function: latest 5 movies
added function: encryption for parent_key
redesigned the whole interface.

Description:
The scripts is simple. it uses the unique API of plexpy . parses it and outputs the result in a nicely styled html table for users to see. It grabs title, library name.genre, imdb rating, poster.
REQUIRESMENTS - PLEXPY
. download your copy of plexfeed
2. upload to web server
3. open inc/config.php and edit the required cars. you may remove the copyright , but it mayh help other people
that are looking for a solution to display recently added media from their servers without having to invite users.
choice is yours, live or die :)
4. chmod the entire inc folder to 777.
5. If you have trouble showing results just open up inc/recent_movies.php and change $count = "10"; to $count = "50";
this way you expand the array of results. no , it will still display 5 movies, but it will go wayyyyy back in time. this is useful for people who add more tv shows and music than movies. :)
7. open up index.php in your browsers and enjoy.
PS: you may rename the index.php file to whatever name you want and then simply include it to your own webpage.
example: <?php include("your_page_name.php");?>

Voila, you can show your users what content you've added without giving them access to your server or plexpy installation. Feel free to style the table however you want.

Hope I helped someone.
SCREENSHOTS:

DEMO:
alexanderd.tk/plex_dash/

Comments

• lexus232lexus232 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2016

Let me know if it helped you. :)

• nullvoiidnullvoiid Posts: 4Members ✭✭

thanks great script, it also pointed out where im going wrong with my own script, for that a thousand thanks ^:)^

• lexus232lexus232 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

no problem. i will release a update later this day. check it out :)

• DavenLCDavenLC Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

g'morn. some reason it is not downloading the photos from imdb and/or displaying them correctly. I do not get any images. https://tinyurl.com/yd58vxnn

80486 -DX4 120 MHz, 32Mb Ram, 20mb HDD, CD-ROM 2x speed. 56k modem.