Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Media keys not working

tanka8tanka8 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Platform: Windows 10 (Version 1607 Build 14393.447)
Plex Media Player Version: PlexMediaPlayer 1.2.0.481-b45bbf24 (windows-x86_64 10)
Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Problem: Media keys on keyboard not working with Plex Media Player. The media keys work perfectly with the Plex Chrome App but not the Plex Media Player. I have tried restarting and having no other media applications open. I have made sure I have the latest drivers for my keyboard.

Steps to produce: Start playing video in Plex Media Player. Press any of the media keys. Should stop/pause/play but does nothing.

Answers

• TheMooDudeTheMooDude Members, Plex Pass Posts: 191 Plex Pass

+1
    This is the main reason I'm not using PMP as my main player. If I could get proper Windows playback integration from PMP (in desktop mode) I'd be so happy.

i5-2500K | 20GB DDR3 | 4x3TB WD Red RAID1 | Windows Server 2012 R2 | Plex Media Server
    i7-6700 | 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980TI | Windows 10 Pro | Plex UWP
    Samsung UE40K5500 | Plex SmartTV App
    Raspberry Pi 3-B | Plex Media Player Embedded
    Microsoft Lumia 950 | Windows Phone 10 | Plex UWP

• DerpleDerple Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

+1
    I'm having the same issue, and It has forced me to use the WS version, which has been quite buggy for me. This is the #1 thing for me on the regular desktop player.

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 5,524 Plex Employee

Fixed in the next version.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• mcorttmcortt Members Posts: 2

@tobiashieta said:

Which version should this be fixed in?

• mcorttmcortt Members Posts: 2

As i> @tobiashieta said:

As in 3.1.42, 3.2.2, etc.

• tanka8tanka8 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

I'm still having the issue and have not noticed any change.
    Using: PlexMediaPlayer 1.2.2.555-d1355001 (windows-x86_64 10)

• vlangvlang Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,483 Plex Employee

Note that it won't work if the PMP window has no input focus. That part is not implemented yet.

• tanka8tanka8 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

As much as I would like it to work when the PMP window has no input focus. It does not even work when the PMP window is focused or the focus.

• vlangvlang Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,483 Plex Employee

That works for me. Maybe you have a stale custom input conf in your PMP profile directory? If not, please post the PMP log that includes you pressing the button. Maybe the keycode is somehow different.

• BooBooBooBoo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

@vlang said:
    Note that it won't work if the PMP window has no input focus. That part is not implemented yet.

Any idea when this might be implemented?

• kingbobskikingbobski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

@BooBoo said:

@vlang said:

Any idea when this might be implemented?

• 1 on this, It's stopping me using as a daily thing
  • aksmith777aksmith777 Members Posts: 1

I also feel strongly that this is a key feature that I would really like to see fixed soon - I have Version 1.5.5.3634 which Plex says is up to date. The media keys don't work, even with focus.
    C'mon guys, if microsoft can make medias work, surely you can? :-) (globally, so not in focus as well)

Does anyone know of a desktp media player (other than MS) that does use the media keys?

• krankimkopfkrankimkopf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

+1 on this.
    LOTS of keyboards have media keys and if you are already using them when IN focus then please upgrade this functionality to allow this outside of focus as well

• TheMooDudeTheMooDude Members, Plex Pass Posts: 191 Plex Pass

I've had another run at the out-of-focus media key issues, and have resorted to using an autohotkey script to throw media key presses to PMP specifically even if it's minimised. The script also sends the keypresses to the OS so everything should still work as expected even if PMP is not running. I've converted it to an *.exe if anyone wants to use it- just run the *.exe and media keys should work with PMP with or without focus.
    Download

i5-2500K | 20GB DDR3 | 4x3TB WD Red RAID1 | Windows Server 2012 R2 | Plex Media Server
    i7-6700 | 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980TI | Windows 10 Pro | Plex UWP
    Samsung UE40K5500 | Plex SmartTV App
    Raspberry Pi 3-B | Plex Media Player Embedded
    Microsoft Lumia 950 | Windows Phone 10 | Plex UWP