If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

List of Bugs in Current UWP App (3.2.20)

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 394Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

Although there are now several posts regarding the failure of Plex to update/maintain/service the UWP app (and as I see also other apps its line up) I decided to collate a list of bugs for the current version of the UWP app 3.2.20.
My reasoning behind this has to do with the fact that I hope that the support will be continued by Plex at some point and they are just in a bit of a covfefe.

Anyway here is the list that I have noticed so far:

Serious Errors:
1. App will crash when minimized
2. App will sometimes crash when it reached the end of a played media
3. On a laptop with battery strech enabled (read CPU underclocked), it won't connect to the local content properly. I.e. timeout is too short
4. Local server (that serves local content) will sometimes crash - usually as a result of a timeout, and doesn't kick back in until app is restarted
5. App does not support the codecs the server thinks it does - I have had a couple of shows that were transcoded and passed onto the app only to fail being played due to some codec error (the files play fine in anything else btw) (particularly with E-AC3 content)
6. Recently I have had image artifacts, such as flashes or inverted colours randomly during playback. Not sure whether that is a codec/driver issue - but it is highly annoying. It feels like people are constantly taking pictures within the media (which is obviously not the case).
7. Sync will fail with some media due to a media info error (it does seem to transcode fine on the server but then fails at the end with some error, forcing a reanalysis usually fixes the issue)
8. Sync will fail due to network errors randomly (why it just doesn't try again is a mystery to me)
9. No way to ask for a re-transcode without deleting and re-adding the particular item (highly annoying when the media info error happens with TV shows as you need to remove the whole TV show and then re-sync it)
10. Sync doesn't allow subtitles to be moved across as well (they need to be burned in) - I don't understand why, I don't think there is a need especially when you ask for the 'original' quality to be synced
11. Progress of watched items is not shown as watched but as 99% watched
12. Progress is sometimes stored, sometimes forgotten, sometimes synced to the plex server sometimes not.
13. The GUI doesn't show how many episodes are unwatched in a given local content series, but how many episodes are available
14. Synced content audio is usually downmixed super quietly - there seems to be no normalization of the streams
15. Live TV is missing
16. Sometimes pressing play on the episode detail screen starts the episode in a paused state - play has to be pressed again at that point to continue playback
17. App will crash when windows returns from sleep
18. Playback of video usually causes the video to start while still loading causing it to restart the video up to 2 seconds later (depending on loading speed) - regardless of whether it is a play from beginning or resume
19. Cursor in app appears/disappears at wrong times. I.e. in my installation it doesn't disappear when starting a video, but it some cases such as (Forum Link) it disappears when you want to use it.
20. Play version always defaults to synced content - imagine you have a synced item that has multiple versions, if you ask it to play a certain version from the server it will always default to the synced item probably because the toggle for prefer synced items is on, however prefer should be overriden by a manual play version selection
21. Deleted episodes sometimes stay in episode view even if no file is available

GUI Issues:
1. The back buttons are hidden either at the top of the screen or by the windows button at the bottom of the screen - add a button to get me back to the selection screen without having to swip up then down because well the arrow button behaves differently depending on whether you are in desktop or tablet mode (similar to what iOS does!?)
2. Why can I not have a home screen like I have with a remote server on local content? But based on what is in my local library?
3. There should be a way to boost audio on local content
4. Progress through a season should be displayed in number of unwatched items, not available items
5. Progress should update based on a timestamp
6. No response to media keys (Forum Link)
7. No PIP mode
8. No Live TV/DVR access

Plexy Bug Errors:
1. Developer missing in action
2. No alternative with Sync ability to fall back on

So that is it so far. If anyone has anything else please add - or if your problem is already there add the link to the specific subforum and I'll make sure the links are in this post later.

thanks

Updated: 3 Oct 2017 - added Error 16,17,18 amended Error 6 to include all playback not just transcodes
Updated: 11 Oct 2017 - added GUI errors 7 and 8

Tagged:

Answers

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 207Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is the developer being MIA a bug?

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 394Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@missionsparta said:

Has been added to the list :smile:

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 207Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@chaosmaker said:

@missionsparta said:

Has been added to the list :smile:

Thank you for having a sense of humor.

I've added Live TV as a bug

Where is my developer... come here kitty kitty.... there are a few things for you to fix!

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 540Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

RIP Windows developers :-/

• spaceharfangspaceharfang Posts: 59Members Plex Pass

Error 6. It happens also on my Surface 3 (with intel graphics). The difference is that the video is being direct played and the flash in not in the file. I always assumed it was a driver issue.

@spaceharfang I've updated error 6 to include all playback items. It has started since Win10 creators upgrade... I wonder if something has changed somewhere. Thanks for contributing.

added bug #19 cursor appear/disappearance

added bug #20 play version override doesn't work with synced content

bug list updated

• SkarSkar Posts: 208Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    1. Application forgets the watched status, and seems unable to sync it back to the server from which is was pulled from.

2. When I delete a episode from the surface pro, to make room, it keeps the file image in the episode view. If it needs to keep something around to hold the fact that the episode has been watched, the make it stub file in the background for that episode.

NOTE - I do have 2 plex servers running, and will grab stuff from both servers to synch onto my surface pro 4.

1 HPTC (WMC & MyMovies)
    1 Samsung UE22ES5400 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE40F7000 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE43KS7500
    Plexserver running on Synology DS918+, DS2413+ and DS411+.

@Skar said:
    1. Application forgets the watched status, and seems unable to sync it back to the server from which is was pulled from.

1. When I delete a episode from the surface pro, to make room, it keeps the file image in the episode view. If it needs to keep something around to hold the fact that the episode has been watched, the make it stub file in the background for that episode.

NOTE - I do have 2 plex servers running, and will grab stuff from both servers to synch onto my surface pro 4.

No 1. is already in the list (Bug No 12), no 2 I have noticed as well, but usually forcing a sync will clean the sync storage and free up that space and remove the episode from the view - I have added it however to the list