Xbox 360 > Requesting me to sign-in to Plex each time the app is opened
Every time I attempt to access Plex on the Xbox 360 I'm prompted to sign-in via plex.tv/pin. I can successfully sign in, but upon exit and reentry, I am, yet again, met with a new sign-in request. I also can't sign-in with my username and password.
I have several Xbox 360 devices in my house that have the Plex app installed. I've been using Plex for the last three months as a Plex Pass subscriber. I signed in to each Xbox Plex app once, via plex.tv/pin (which redirects to plex.tv/link), and was never asked again. Meaning, the Xbox 360 Plex app remembered my state successfully for three months.
I recently purchased a lifetime Plex Pass subscription. I purchased the lifetime subscription under a new account, but kept the same user ID. I did this by first changing the user ID on my existing account to a temporary one (i.e., I added "2" to the end of it) and then created a new account with the old user ID (i.e., without the "2" at the end). Once created, I deleted the old account (i.e., the one with the added "2," which also had the three month subscription).
I then went to my Xbox, logged out of my old account and then logged in, successfully, to my new one using plex.tv/pin. However, each time I exit the Plex app, I have to re-login when I start the app again. For the record, I do not have the same issue with my Android TV app, even though I followed the same steps.
I tried the following to troubleshoot and resolve:
1. Delete the Xbox 360 app and reinstall
2. Go to my Xbox 360 settings > storage and delete everything under Plex
3. Deleted all of the Xbox 360s under Settings > Devices on the Plex server
4. Confirmed that I did not try to log into Xbox with another Xbox Live account. (I read where some had a similar issue, but it was related to them logging into multiple Xbox accounts. I remained on the same account each time.)
5. I also attempted to sign-in with my username and password, as opposed to plex.tv/pin, and it says I have the incorrect password. I feel like something is cached in my Xbox or with my Xbox Live account.
6. Deleted the Plex Xbox app as well as cleared the Xbox disc cache. Followed https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/129859/xbox-360-problems
7. Created a completely new Plex account and tried signing in (still said I had the wrong password)
8. I reformatted the Xbox disc completely
9. I logged into my Wife's Xbox account and started Plex. Her account has no problems and Plex keeps state just fine (i.e., doesn't prompt for sign-in each time). My account still won't keep state, however. More details in the follow-up comment below.
None of these attempts fixed the issue.
I'm at a loss and can use some help. The constant prompting to sign-in will not pass the wife and kid test. It basically makes Plex unusable for my family - and I just purchased the lifetime subscription
Thanks in advance for your help!
EDIT (11/18/2017 - 08:46 EST): Added troubleshooting attempts 6, 7, and 8
EDIT (11/19/2017 - 16:32 EST): Added troubleshooting attempt #9..and found a lead, but not the solution