Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex has started to play up again. Xbox. Says Buffering whilst playing. (insider dash, FIXED NOW)

majorzombiemajorzombie Posts: 28Members ✭✭
edited March 13 in Xbox One

Hi.
Xbox one X app, says Buffering (Grey box) even though it is playing perfectly. Grey buffering box just hangs permanently during video playback.
Have restarted console, same. will delete app later, and re acquire, see if it helps. If it helps i will delete post.

Best Answers

• Snail02Snail02 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

As a temp fix. Hit the xbox button when the video starts playing. Select home and drop back to the dash. Then open Plex again.

• majorzombiemajorzombie Posts: 28Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

or LEAVE THE ALPHA, select the next level down, and wait for 2 updates! then you can use plex.
    I did the above when a game would not work in alpha, you can just rejoin later.

• SouthishSouthish Posts: 1Members
    Accepted Answer

Fixed in latest update 10.0.17118.1000.rs4_release_xbox_dev.180308-1900

• bmcg7982bmcg7982 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@Southish said:
    Fixed in latest update 10.0.17118.1000.rs4_release_xbox_dev.180308-1900

Is that only available in alpha ring currently or has it been pushed down to beta level as well?

Answers

edited March 3

It even says buffering whilst paused. Every video is same. Uninstalled app, same after reinstall.

• miikkahoomiikkahoo Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue, very annoying.

• mpolearympoleary Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

likewise. Only starting doing this today

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,634Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. This is a known issue with the Insider update that went out today, we're looking into it.

• spiazzaspiazza Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any ETA on a fix?

Windows 10 Home
    Intel Core i7-6700, 8GB RAM
    MCEBuddy user for comskip and MP4 remux (direct play)
    PlexPy User
    QNAP NAS
    HDHR Prime
    Clients - Windows, iOS, Roku, XBOX, FireTV

• TripleHBKTripleHBK Posts: 12Members ✭✭

Just to add further info to this issue, for content that doesn't require buffering the grey box remains immediately upon startup of the tv episode and in the place of "buffering" is the title of the episode that is playing.

• KingOfTheAsylumKingOfTheAsylum Posts: 1Members

Same on Xbox One.

• jami2539jami2539 Posts: 10Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Here it is ridiculous that they can't leave the app alone. It was finally working right and now is unusable again.

• Snail02Snail02 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

As a temp fix. Hit the xbox button when the video starts playing. Select home and drop back to the dash. Then open Plex again.

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem and yep I'm in the Insider Program
    Temp fix works well, thank you

• morpheus2n2morpheus2n2 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another temp workaround thats works, Start video then pause it, change quality down back out to the video and then change the quality back to original go back and play box should be gone.

• jimlally@gmail.comjimlally@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

the workaround snail02 mentions (xbox home, dashboard, resume) stopped working as the app now crashes and restarts when I do this. I have not yet tied morpheus2n2's work around. I also filed feedback on the xbox insiders hub.

edited March 3

@Snail02 said:

I am also inside the er.
    this temp fix is perfect for now.

Basically, xbox, ok, ok (remote) xbox, A, A (controller). just have to do it again if it buffers again too.

GREAT JOB!

• kingshillbillykingshillbilly Posts: 21Members ✭✭

@majorzombie said:

@Snail02 said:

I am also inside the er.
    this temp fix is perfect for now.

Basically, xbox, ok, ok (remote) xbox, A, A (controller). just have to do it again if it buffers again too.

GREAT JOB!

Darn you Plex for making me remember the Konami Code again!!!!! :smile:

edited March 6

NO LONGER SOLVED AAAAHHHH
    lol.
    xbox updated today, and killed this solution. Now if you do this, plex app restarts.

Edit - if you do it quick enough it does not restart. Solution intact,

• demskyrdemskyr Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Temp fix not working at all for me, no matter how fast I do it.

Annoying.

• TeddyUrsa530TeddyUrsa530 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Same issue here, however since the newer preview update (alpha ring) the droping back to the home screen and back to Plex now causes it to crash. As reported before it either shows 'buffering' or the name of the episode/movie.

• JeffWScottJeffWScott Posts: 78Members ✭✭

Refund please

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,549Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@JeffWScott You need to contact billing, no one on the forums can give you a refund. Please use the contact form found at https://www.plex.tv/contact/

• gecc0gecc0 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This workaround stoped working on my xbox since the latest insider (alpha) update.
    There was another workaround (changing the language), but it also stoped working for me. After i change my language back to the initial one the movie/series starts playing from start and still displays the buffering panel.

I know this problem isn't directly a Plex problem because i heard that also the netflix app has some problems since the latest dashboard update, but i have to say that i'm facing many problems since this big Plex update last year.
    The previous Plex version for xbox was much!

Please FIX this asap together with MS! Thank you very much.