Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[adult] data18.com Metadata Agent - Release

chidychichidychi Posts: 76 Plex Pass

Both bundles are now available from the Unsupported Appstore.

Using the Unsupported Appstore is the easiest way to install and maintain this bundle.

Data18.bundle:

This metadata agent will grab Movie (Full feature) metadata from http://www.data18.com/movies/

Github: repository download (unzip and rename to Data18.bundle)

Usage notes are in the repository

• Edit 2013-08-29: MKV has re-written the code.
  • Edit 2013-06-02: New Version. Added support for Artwork (random "Scene" content will be downloaded). Increased logging. Added URL to Tagline.
  • Edit 2013-04-13 : New Version. Slight change to the search parameter to fix a bug.
  • Edit 2013-04-13 : New Version. Better Logging and poster handling.
  • Edit 2013-04-11 : new version.  Fixed bug when no date was present. Fixed sort scoring to include year.

Data18-Content.bundle:

This metadata agent will grab Content (Web-Movies from sites like X-Art, Kink, etc) metadata from http://www.data18.com/content/

Filename titles must match data18 titles.
Some content will not download all metadata (for example, the summary will not download).  
Github: repository download (unzip and rename to Data18-Content.bundle)

• Edit 2013-06-02: New Version. Changed search match to look for "content" instead of update in url of search results. This provides a fix when Data18.com hides videos in "Gallery" updates.
  • Edit 2013-06-02: New Version. Added better support for Artwork (random "Scene" content will also be downloaded). Increased logging. Added URL to Tagline. All metadata should now comply to recent changes on the Data18 site.
  • Edit 2013-05-30 : New Version. Data18 changed the layout of Content pages...again.  This should fix everything that broke.[attachment=17071:Data18-Content.bundle.zip]
  • Edit 2013-05-16 : New Version. Data18 changed the layout of Content pages.  This should fix everything that broke.
  • Edit 2013-04-13 : New Version. Bug fix regarding posters.
  • New AGENT: data18-content.  For clips from sites like x-art. Naming must match data18.com titles. 

Thanks to spanishu for requesting in this thread and for testing.  Thanks to sander1 for the referer fix!

Thanks to vofik for providing the Excalibur Films agent that this agent was based on.

Thanks to MKV for re-writing the code!

Comments

• spanishuspanishu Posts: 152 Plex Pass

Chidychi, Sander1 and vofik !!!

Many Thanks I will give it a try tonight and post back any experience. Loved the speed I got last night if the posters work not it is a unlimited  +1!

A question to the team

the data18 scanner chidychi has provided works really great now and blasting fast. The only thing left is a strange behaviour with some movie posters. The Cover Artwork displayed is black as you can see on the attachment. Whilst the Agent is pulling the correct cover. It can be fixed manually and is not a huge deal but since it works so nice it would be cool if somebody has an idea on how to treat this. 

Running PMS latest version on Mac OS X 10.8.3

Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 11.04.12 PM.png
  • chidychichidychi Posts: 76 Plex Pass

I spoke with spanishu.  The problem seems to be resolved.  There was an oddity where he was able to select other agents as secondaries to the data18 agent.  This should not be possible, as plex wouldn't be able to resolve the similar titles between sites.

So for the record, you should only have (use) "Local Media Assets" as a secondary to Data18 (see screenshot).

• MickeyMausMickeyMaus Posts: 14 ✭✭

Thanks for your Development! 

Unfortunately Data18 seems to have changed the Layout of their Content Data. Could you please update your plugin.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks MickeyMaus,

I just did a test on one title and it seems to work.
    The search on data18 is really picky; if you have a hyphen out of place you will get zero results.

That means that filenaming plays a big role on a successful scan.

If this doesn't apply, can you please PM me some details (title that is failing, or a link to the title on data18, maybe your log if you are getting an error)?

I'll be able to look at it more in a few days; but right now I just don't see the problem.

Cheers

MickeyMaus wrote on May 15 2013, 9:33 PM: »

Thanks for your Development! 

Unfortunately Data18 seems to have changed the Layout of their Content Data. Could you please update your plugin.

Thanks in advance...

Hey MickeyMaus,
    Disregard that comment.....  I see the problem now.
    I should be able to get something working in about a week.

Cheers

OK

I think I have it all fixed. Download is in the first post.

Can you please give it a try and let me know if there are any bugs?

Cheers

Hi 

I have just run the agent and it has not found a single new movie .... Also when I use the Manual Search nothing is found... a bit strange

• MickeyMausMickeyMaus Posts: 14 ✭✭

Thanks for your update! Seems to be working again, except that the cast is missing for some sites that used to be properly working before they updated their layout...

MickeyMaus, 

interesting to see that it works for you. I have installed the upated agent yesterday on my PMS and it did not recognize a single movie. The most interesting thing was switching to Excalibur it cought 99%. anything I can provide to see what is wrong ?

spanishu wrote on May 22 2013, 9:07 AM: »

MickeyMaus, 

interesting to see that it works for you. I have installed the upated agent yesterday on my PMS and it did not recognize a single movie. The most interesting thing was switching to Excalibur it cought 99%. anything I can provide to see what is wrong ?

Hey Spanishu,

MickeyMaus is talking about the Data18-Content.bundle.  I think you are talking about the first one - Data18.bundle.

I will look into the Data18.bundle this week. If you are talking about the Data18-Content.bundle send me a PM with a title so that I can see what's up.

MickeyMaus, can you send me a PM with the title (or link) to the Content that didn't work?

Thanks

Posted a slightly modified version of data18.bundle above that seemed to fix a bug.

• halkonhalkon Posts: 43 Plex Pass

chidychi, any chance you can post your development on github or something of the like? I'd like to contribute to the development of this, as well as have you accept/reject changes, etc.  Being that you started it after all.  If not that's ok.  You did a great job btw! thanks for it

Thanks halkon,
    I will look into it in the next few days.

I don't mind doing that...  I just haven't done it before.

Cheers

halkon wrote on May 24 2013, 8:17 PM: »

chidychi, any chance you can post your development on github or something of the like? I'd like to contribute to the development of this, as well as have you accept/reject changes, etc.  Being that you started it after all.  If not that's ok.  You did a great job btw! thanks for it

Hi halkon,

I set up the github.

https://github.com/chidychi/Plex-Data18-Agent-Adult

Cheers!

• Grimm809Grimm809 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Newbie here. But how to i add the agent to plex. Tried searching for it but didnt really fine anything.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,571 Plex Ninja
    edited May 2013
    miggy wrote on May 29 2013, 10:18 PM: »

Newbie here. But how to i add the agent to plex. Tried searching for it but didnt really fine anything.

• Unzip the downloaded ZIP file, this gives you a file/folder with a name like AgentName.bundle.
    •  
      • Mac
        • Move AgentName.bundle to ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins. The easiest way to find this folder is to use the Go to folder... option in the Go menu of the Finder.
          48377923.png
          ~ is your home folder. If you can't find your Library folder, have a look at OS X Lion: Where did my Library go?
      • Windows
        • Move AgentName.bundle to the Plug-ins folder: right-click the Plex Media Server icon in the system tray and open the Plug-ins folder
          screenshot20121221at161.jpg
      • Linux (Ubuntu)
        • Move AgentName.bundle to /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
        • Give it correct rights: sudo chown -R plex:plex "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/AgentName.bundle"
    • Restart Plex Media Server
      On Mac and Windows: just quit and start again
      On Linux (Ubuntu): sudo service plexmediaserver restart
    • Open Plex/Web and go to Settings. Go to Agents, select Movies, then Freebase. You can change the order of Agents by dragging the items in the list to another position.

Data18-Content.bundle updated to match some of the recent changes on the site. (see first post for download link)

Updated both bundles.

Better Artwork (background) support.

Fixed missing metadata in Content.

I put a request in to get this added to the Unsupported AppStore.

Cheers

Hi, 

just ran the agent again in the latest version you have posted and it did not find a single match :( Could it be that the name convention is not correct ? The previous bundles were called data18.bundle and not it is called data18-content.bundle ??Thanks a lot for the help