Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Adding Japanese TV Show

-(0_0)--(0_0)- Members Posts: 6
edited April 2009 in 日本語
Japanese Tittle not working
Hi guys, first of all, I'm not a Jpanese speaker but a beginner. I'm new to plex.

I have a Japanese TV show (GOKUSEN / ごくせん) and try to add to Plex. I searched theTVDB.com and found out its record in English.
Then I added the Japanese infomation.

My video folder is named in Japanese (ごくせん) and added into Plex as a source. Contents are set to "TV Show" wiht theTVDB.com. It can't show the "TV Show Information" :o and keyboard pop-up. I tried input its english name (GOKUSEN) and it works, but jsut showing English version. :huh:

In "Set Content > Settings > Scraper Settings - TheTVDB.com", "Language" is set to be "ja".

How can I use the Jpanese or other languages infomation on theTVDB.com?

This's the show I'm tryiing to add to Plex:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79638&lid=25

Thanks!

Update: Episodes info can be updated to Japanese by refreshing the Episodes Information one by one (I think is because of the Scraper Settings). But still, TV Show info can't be found with the Japanese tittle.

Comments

• -(0_0)--(0_0)- Members Posts: 6
    seems I'm the only Asian on the forum... :unsure:
  • AndyTashiroAndyTashiro Members Posts: 6
    -(0_0)- wrote on May 6 2009, 01:19 PM:
    seems I'm the only Asian on the forum... :unsure:

Hi there
    I live in Japan and all of my daughters dvd files, i.e. Anpanman それいけ!アンパンマン いのちの星のドーリィ , Doraemon ドラえもん のび太の恐竜 etc... the info cannot be found anywhere as these are not worldwide cinema releases.
    If I use Apples front row however they all show up and in Kanji.
    All I have to do is use google image finder and search for a good size image of the dvd art or poster (usually on Rakuten or amazon jp) and add it in the folder renamed as preview.jpg and it will show up in the artwork as well.
    I just wish something this simple would work in plex
  • -(0_0)--(0_0)- Members Posts: 6
    I got reply, finally. :mellow:

Displaying Japanese in Plex is no problem at all. But the problem is using the scraper with Japanese.

the info cannot be found anywhere as these are not worldwide cinema releases.

This's right for movies. But for TV shows, we can use TheTVDB.com which can be build up by everyone (like Wiki).

I haven't launch Plex for long. May be it's already been fixed since there has already numbers of version come out. ;)
  • kashiwagikashiwagi Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    -(0_0)- wrote on 15 August 2009 - 12:50 PM:

I got reply, finally. :mellow:

Displaying Japanese in Plex is no problem at all. But the problem is using the scraper with Japanese.

This's right for movies. But for TV shows, we can use TheTVDB.com which can be build up by everyone (like Wiki).

I haven't launch Plex for long. May be it's already been fixed since there has already numbers of version come out. ;)

What are you guys using to scrape Japanese movies? If there was something like TheTVDB.com for movies, I would update the info myself, but as it is now Japanese movies kind of suck in plex :(

[edit: never mind, I forgot about themoviedb.org. Already uploading covers for Japanese movies.]
  • Wu FengWu Feng Members Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

hi there , im new here
    Im Japanese too smile.gif

• GudkarmaGudkarma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass
    i live in japan and have man japanese movies and tv shows using plex too. :rolleyes:
  • JoeLAJoeLA Members Posts: 1

Hey Everybody!

I used to live in Japan. I'm new here. Ask me anything.

• busubibusubi Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Go to fix type in ごくせん and make sure you select 日本語 from the drop down list.

ScreenShot2014-08-27at205721_zpsdc2f880f

It displays the title in Romaji which is good for me as I have a couple of Rokus which dont display Kana or Kanji, however you can edit the title afterwards.

ScreenShot2014-08-27at205438_zps78b535a7