@shakows said:
Is there a list of units and CPU’s supported?
I dont have access to some of the Plex Pass links
Plex support those chips Intel do. Have a look on the Intel site if your chip supports quickSync
@shakows said:
Is there a list of units and CPU’s supported?
I dont have access to some of the Plex Pass links
Plex support those chips Intel do. Have a look on the Intel site if your chip supports quickSync
@adurbe said:
Plex support those chips Intel do. Have a look on the Intel site if your chip supports quickSync
This is Intel list
https://ark.intel.com/Search/FeatureFilter?productType=processors&QuickSyncVideo=true
I’m looking at getting a NAS for Plex and general storage
From what I understand even if the Synology units has QuickSync it still wont work?
It’s great that there is already an early access preview for windows. Do you know if this preview supports linux or not?
There are downloads for ubuntu and fedora/centos. There’s also a docker preview available.
@MovieFan.Plex said:
There are downloads for ubuntu and fedora/centos. There’s also a docker preview available.
any plans on bringing it to qnaps ?
@nassenbassen said:
@anon18523487 said:
There are downloads for ubuntu and fedora/centos. There’s also a docker preview available.any plans on bringing it to qnaps ?
There is a release for that.
QNAP (Intel 64-bit (QTS-4.3 or newer))
Do you know if Plex dev give or will give some information about this hw encode?
As what I see, Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) is used on some hardware nas for better transcoding.
What about Intel GPU?
It’s only Quick sync update?
@poloplop said:
Do you know if Plex dev give or will give some information about this hw encode?
There is a plexpass thread for that, other than that Plex almost never gives eta or progress infromations. But the fact that it’s in beta for plexpass users is promising.
As what I see, Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) is used on some hardware nas for better transcoding.
Intel quick sync is a feature of GPUs integrated in Intel CPUs, and it’s the feature you need if you want GPU transcoding in Plex, as far as I know.
Ok, if I need to choice a processor, Intel HD 4000 is not better than 2500 if plex use only Quicksync?
I don’t know if Quicksync is better with a better gpu?!!
Do I need:
i7 7700T (HD 4000) 270$
or e3 1265lv2 (HD2000) 200$
both are quick sync video.
@poloplop said:
Do I need:
i7 7700T (HD 4000) 270$
or e3 1265lv2 (HD2000) 200$
both are quick sync video.
Without taking price into account I’d go for the first one: right now Plex doesn’t use the GPU (yet) and the i7 has a higher passmark both in multi-core and in single core performance (which is useful when transcoding certain formats ). The GPU is better too so when there will be support for quicksync you’ll have better performance overall.
My mistake: not i7 7700 but i7 3770.
Are you sure quicksync work with the HD graphic GPU?
~1000 points passmark is not a revolution I think…
I look:
i7 3370S (65w): 180$
i7 3370T (45w): 265$
Maybe I can go to i7 3370s if it’s really better than HD graphic 2000.
@poloplop said:
Ok, if I need to choice a processor, Intel HD 4000 is not better than 2500 if plex use only Quicksync?
I don’t know if Quicksync is better with a better gpu?!!
HD4000 and HD2500 are both Ivy Bridge parts, so they are the same generation of QuickSync. As a result, quality and feature-wise they should be the same. Both the HD4000 and HD2500 are clocked at 650MHz, and since QuickSync is part of that, the encode performance is probably identical. If there are any differences, I’d chalk it up to memory bus, but they are likely small/non-existent.
@zpaolo11xsaid:
Without taking price into account I’d go for the first one: right now Plex doesn’t use the GPU (yet) and the i7 has a higher > passmark both in multi-core and in single core performance (which is useful when transcoding certain formats ). The
GPU is better too so when there will be support for quicksync you’ll have better performance overall.
He’s referring to QuickSync, so presumably he means the on-die GPU of the CPU, not a dedicated GPU. There are preview release builds of PMS since December that do have QuickSync support.