Desktop Mode - amazing!

Continuing the discussion from Plexamp Release Notes:

Honestly, there are times when I can be heard screaming from my office, “What the HELL are plex doing!” and then there are those rare times you do something simple yet brilliant.

Desktop Mode is just that. OMG, a side panel, simple simple simple and yet so functional :slight_smile:

Two pieces of feedback:

  1. when reordering an item (up or down) on the play queue it automatically starts the item moved
  2. when right clicking on a item to bring up the context menu the transparency seems a bit aggressive and could be toned down a little.

What OS and version? Doesn’t look like that over here on macOS latest.

Fedora 44 Workstation (gnome 50, mutter 50.5 and wayland) with Plexamp-4.50.20-beta.18-x86_64.flatpak installed from https://plexamp.plex.tv/downloads.html. The one from flathub-beta didn’t work and has major display problems which did not happen when installed from the .flatpak directly.

Thanks, that explains it. The blur behind the menus doesn’t work on Linux, so you were getting the tint with nothing behind it. Next beta turns the blur off everywhere but macOS and makes the menus solid.

Dumb question (since I’m not using the beta), but the old “mobile-style” interface view can still be switched to, right? I prefer it as normally use Plexamp as something that sits in a corner of one of my screens and still view/access the controls on it while leaving my monitor free for work.

Thanks. BTW, there is also some minor truncation on that content menu depending on the length of the text. In the screenshot below you can see minutes are chopped.

Think its window size dependant. If I reduce the size its removed …

I have the same transparent menus on KDE, arch/ubuntu

edit-other responses didn’t load. ignore.

Both are in 4.50.20-beta.19: menus are solid everywhere except macOS, and the header line in the menu shrinks to fit instead of being cut off. The flathub-beta build was stuck on 4.50.19 without the Linux window fixes; it follows our betas now, so it should behave like the .flatpak from the downloads page once it updates.

Thanks. I installed flathub-beta com.plexamp.Plexamp and its working correctly with no display problems.

However, the version is 4.50.20-beta.18 whereas on the downloads page its 4.50.20-beta.20. I’ll keep an eye on this to see if it updates.

Also, where you able to reproduce this …

I can create a separate thread for this if it would be better for tracking. Thanks again.

UPDATE:
This reordering issue seems to only happen when the top most (next) item on the playlist is changed. So, if I drag say track 5 to its to be become track 1 on the playlist then it auto start playing and the whole playlist jumps to that item.

Also as a workaround, if I right click on track 5 and select plex next its moved correctly. Seems to only be an issue when dragging the track.

BTW… updated 4.50.20-beta.20 arrived via flatpak.

FYI… This looks much worse now :frowning:

Platform and what’s the full size of the window?

Fedora 44 Workstation (gnome 50, mutter 50.5 and wayland) and size is 1920x1080 (screenshot below).

However, its the same on my my larger 2560x1440 display (I’ve a three monitor setup)!

I’ve font size set to large in plexamp if that’s important but don’t think it does as changing it didn’t make it any better.

I want this mode too!!!

Use the desktop apps’ beta!

anyone else NOT getting desktop integration / system controls working?

Technically it is still there if you switch to compact mode it will show up but disappears for desktop mode.

I’m fine with this but I still wish we could get the old functionality on windows were you just right click the top of the interface, regardless if it’s frameless or not. My fix for this is just switching to compact view to get access to system controls