Digital Devices Octopus NET - not listed in tuner search

server-nvidia-shield

Hello,

last week i bought a octopus net (Cable) with 4 tuners and tryed to add it in my Shield Plex Server.
The octopus net is listed as community supported tuner, but my server hasn't recognized it at all.

Does anyone work well with the combination Nvidia Shield <-> Octopus Net ? (I mean without tvheadend)

Edit: would it work if i install tvheadend also on my Shield?

Kind Regards
DaGrizzly

Hello,

have you fixed your problem? i also have a octopus net (sat)…

Julian

@dagrizzly, tvheadend is working very good on my shields (x2), i am sideloading this one https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1000226/shield-tv/tvheadend-apk-the-easy-way-to-run-tvheadend-on-the-shield-
until plex improves support for devices like octopus net i would suggest to use kodi or tvheadend live channel (google play app) for a better integration but without timeshift.
i own an octopus with 2xDVBS + 2xDVBT, satellite is not supported yet anyway and because this is a combo the terrestrial is not recognised…

@jpjp said:
Hello,

have you fixed your problem? i also have a octopus net (sat)…

Julian

Nope.
I sent the octopus net back to the seller and bought a HD Homerun Expand with 4 tuners.

Hope the octopus net will be supported in the next year’s… I want to use it natively with Plex