NAS Recommendation

server-qnap

I am looking forward to using "Qnap TS-453BT3-8G" as a plex server and some more things. Can any of you recommend this model and how does it perform as a plex media server? Thanks.

I have the ts-451+ model (2gb ram) with PMS, and works fine with my Smart TV LG UJ6560.
I stream 1080p and 4k MKV , x264 - x265 using XPLAY. and zero lag.
So i think TS-453BT3-8G model will work fine for you.

If you want a NAS recommendation, I will tell you to go Synology + line over QNAP. QNAP is more powerful but is frustrating as all get-out.

I made a switch from a synology (1512+) to a qnap (tvs-1282) and it is the best thing that i have had/seen, so much potential and power, a few users online (transcoding and direct streams) and processor only uses a few %.
That sad, go with a system with a real Intel CPU (i3/i5 or even i7/i9) with an integrated graphics card for hardware transcoding !

@Digitalicecream said:
If you want a NAS recommendation, I will tell you to go Synology + line over QNAP. QNAP is more powerful but is frustrating as all get-out.

Were you using QNAP before version 4.3? If so, I can understand your frustration. It wasn’t the best (by far).
I would invite you to try a second look at their live demo now for 4.3.4

I went QNAP for the hardware and because the UI in 4.3 had (my words) “profoundly grown up”.

I now own the TVS-1282-i7-32GB. My 'big & mighty" Synology DS1815+ sit there as my ‘offline backup’.

I use if for development and testing of Synology updates as needed.

@emirerdogdu said:
I am looking forward to using “Qnap TS-453BT3-8G” as a plex server and some more things. Can any of you recommend this model and how does it perform as a plex media server? Thanks.

Depends if you need Thunderbolt3 or not. You an get most of the same capability/expansion options for cheaper by starting with the new TS-x53Be model and adding (if needed) the QM2 cards to add 10GbE/m.2 SSD support.