1.7.4-M2 will be coming out probably this weekend. The main change was to clean up the TV Browser screen. It was originally designed early on in the app and hasn't gotten much attention in a while. Below is a picture of the redesign. It is showing the poster view, and if people prefer the poster view instead of banner as their default for the details, you can select this in the settings, just set "Prefer Posters for Series" in the settings under Video Library, and the detail view for TV Browser will default to Posters instead of banners.
Items that were changed are as follows:
- Removed the genre descriptions
- Removed the text for Watched/Unwatched counts
- Unwatched counts are represented on the Posters so the text counts were redundant.
- How much you have watched is represented on the posters by the progress bar so watched count was unnecessary.
- Shift main poster image to the left
- Align and clean up positioning of the Series Title and the summary.
- Move the Ratings and Studio information to align with the bottom of the poster.
This brings the view more in line with the Movie and Episode detail views. Grid view is still available for those with really large collections.
BTW, in grid view you can bring up Details about a series by using the context menu. This is either the menu key on your remote if you have configured it to bring up the context menu, or by pressing C, or if you havea remote with RED, Green, Blue, and Yellow buttons, the Red Button on the remote.