I've been working on my own auto encoding solution (handbrake or ffmpeg - handbrake preferred) where you drop the executable anywhere you want, run it and have it do the rest for you.
Currently the only requirements of using it would be
- Preinstalled handbrake (or ffmpeg)
- Basic knowledge of Linux (does work on windows however Linux is preferred)
What it does:
- Auto encodes all media in provided (or default) path to h264 in an MP4 container with AC audio
- Watches for file changes to manage re-encoding
- Queues based on category priority (e.g shows maybe higher priority)
- Keeps statistics such as encoding time/space saved/etc
What I'd like to do is gauge interest in me sharing this (or having a few other people test/use it). I've been running it on my own server for many months without it having to stop so I know that it works for me!
Please pm me and I can send it to you or reply if you're simply interested!
Note: this was posted from my phone so some things are probably left out.