Platform Update for PS4
We have been working on a big platform update for the PS4 for a few months. This brings our app to the most recent version of the SDK made available by Sony for PS4.
We have submitted our update to Sony and are waiting approval so they can be published, I'll update this post with all future updates about the status and when the app is published.
Here are a few things this update should address:
- We are really sorry for the recent increase in the crashes, After this update we expect those crashes would go away or at least reduced drastically.
Brand New Video Player:
- We have switched to using the native PS4 video player, it should be much more stable, less freezes and reduce failure (crash/unable to play etc)
- More responsive (faster seek, play, pause etc.)
- Support direct playing of some higher level/bitrate content (eg. H264 4.1)
- Native support for anamorphic videos
- Accurate mapping of multi-channel audio
Support for HDMI CEC remote. You can use your TV/Receiver remote to control the PS4, keep in mind your TV or Receiver must also support HDMI CEC.
And many more performance and stability improvement.
update should be available for all users globally.
Platform update for PlayStation 4 should be out for all countries except North and South Americas, we expect the update to roll out globally by Tuesday morning. The update should be version 1.01