If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New easy workaround for current Xbox One issue for those on preview program - High Contrast Mode

DJ CallymanDJ Callyman Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So today I was doing some of the quests in the insider hub app. One of them is to trial the new high contrast modes. There are light and dark high contrast modes in the current alpha and beta insider build. On trying the dark mode I thought it looked pretty cool for a change so kept it.

An hour or so later I realised it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. OneGuide looks awful and it was clear that the mode isn't optimise for use in most apps. However before changing it back I decided to watch a bit of TV. It was two hours before I realised that every episode I'd watched had not had the issue.

I thought at first Plex might have pushed an update but when that turned out to not be the case I narrowed it down to the high contrast mode. On switching back and forth between high contrast mode and normal I've been able to confirm that high contrast mode in both light or dark resolves the issue of the overlay remaining at the start of media being played.

TLDR: High Contrast mode looks like crap but fixes the issue.

Hopefully this helps some people - at least until the issue is fixed.

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,441Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Very interesting, could be very helpful for people in the mean time until MS manages to fix the issue.

• DJ CallymanDJ Callyman Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

For those having trouble finding the high contrast themes, they are under Ease of Access in settings.

• CraigNCraigN Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the workaround. Worked for me.