If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My Samsung J7 (Android Nougat) Not Supporting Plex, Snapchat, etc

I purchased new Samsung J7 smartphone which has Android Nougat by default, the problem I am facing is not able to install Plex through Google Play Store and I can't find the latest version APK file on internet, if someone here provide me the latest APK file or solution to my problem, I will be grateful to you.

PS: There are some other apps in which I am facing a similar problem like not able to log in Snapchat and Facebook also.

Answers

• trudgetrudge Posts: 2,288Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Billy385 said:
    I purchased new Samsung J7 smartphone which has Android Nougat by default, the problem I am facing is not able to install Plex through Google Play Store and I can't find the latest version APK file on internet, if someone here provide me the latest APK file or solution to my problem, I will be grateful to you.

PS: There are some other apps in which I am facing a similar problem like not able to log in Snapchat and Facebook also.

coming to an offical site and asking how to pirate their app is always a good idea....

• Billy385Billy385 Posts: 5Members

I am not asking for crack or something, just asking for a solution. Asking for APK files don't necessarily mean piracy.

Hello, I got it now, the problem was with my Smartphone and because of that I was not able to download Plex from Play Store and was facing issues some with snapchat login.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@Billy385 said:
    I am not asking for crack or something, just asking for a solution. Asking for APK files don't necessarily mean piracy.

Plex doesn't release the APK outside of the app store, unless you are a Plex Pass member, then you can get it from the release notes.

Hello, I got it now, the problem was with my Smartphone and because of that I was not able to download Plex from Play Store and was facing issues some with snapchat login.

Did you fix the problem with your phone, or did you manage to find the APK? If it was the latter, :'(

No, I don't trust APK files from unofficial sources, I downloaded it from Google Play Store. A loyal Plex Lover :wink:

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Great. So do you know what the problem with the Play store was and how did you fix it?

I think the problem was with Play Store, some weird issue with the version which I was using the app. That's why I was not even able to login in few apps.

Good. Were you running a custom ROM? Just wondering how you had a bad version of the store app.