4K HDR transcoding

I would really like for Plex to finally be able to transcode 4K HDR files to lower qualities with EITHER tonemapping OR without losing HDR - it would be sick if both things where to happen bot one of them needs to happen asap because I really like Plex and it would be a shame if I had to go with another program just because Plex doesn't keep up with the current technology.

What do you guys think about that? How many of you already have a big 4K library and are missing this feature as bad as I do? And does anybody have a workaround till Plex gets this implemented that does not include having 1080p copies of every movie?

I’d like that a lot

Post deleted.

Is this the reason why my 4k transcode looks so grey and lack of color?!

@“wilson yu” said:

Yes thats the reason and it is annoying. I have no problem if plex says that one loses the HDR when transcoding but at least do tonemapping so that the colors are not washed out. I have an extensive library and enough power to transcode 4K movies so I would like to be able to watch these movies at a friends house or when I am at my college dorm like 5 days a week!

@Magnav0xTG said:

@“wilson yu” said:

Yes thats the reason and it is annoying. I have no problem if plex says that one loses the HDR when transcoding but at least do tonemapping so that the colors are not washed out. I have an extensive library and enough power to transcode 4K movies so I would like to be able to watch these movies at a friends house or when I am at my college dorm like 5 days a week!

Wow that is really bad… Can I get a refund for my lifetime membership? :confused: