Automatically create an IMDB movie List collection in Plex!

other-dev

Based on this SwiftPanda16 reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/5tymws/automatically_create_an_imdb_top_250_movies/, I decided toadapt the script that will automatically generate a new Plex collection using an IMDB list.

Finally i can't do it by myself so i asked for help on freelancer.com and Abdul Wahid M. adapt the original code for me. it is available here
pastebin.com/rTSqV8gV

The script will match movies in your existing movies library to the IMDB list, then create a new Plex collection.

As the original one It will also tell you which movies you are missing from your library.

Note: Your existing movie library must be using the "Plex Movie" agent in order for your movies to have IMDB IDs.

WARNING: Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for damages to your Plex server or libraries.

Thanks to SwiftPanda16 for his original work.

This is an outstanding idea, and I am confused by the lack of responses. How is the project going? Has anyone had success with it?

yes great idea, however, i cant get it running without some more instructions.

the code itself provided does not work for me, running it on my laptop with python installed. plex on a NAS

comments by the author very much appreciated :slight_smile:

here you can find some instructions
reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/5tymws/automatically_create_an_imdb_top_250_movies/
but it seems that with the recent changes in IMDB doetn’t work