Build a Plex Channel

plugin-dev

I would like to know how to make a plex channel to read the rss file of a youtube channel. I would like to have more then one youtube channel to click to watch their youtube vids

@Nygaard9456 the question is very broad. Is there an issue you're trying to solve or do you need a general information about getting started with Plex channels?

@czukowski said:
@Nygaard9456 the question is very broad. Is there an issue you're trying to solve or do you need a general information about getting started with Plex channels?

General info

For anyone new to creating Plex plugins, I would first suggest reviewing the Channel Plugin Development Support Documents thread pinned to the top of this section of the forum. Those documents can provide the basic concepts of creating Plex plugins and answers FAQs. So reviewing those documents are a good place to start and provide links for more detailed information.

If you just want to access individual YouTube playlists or user accounts, you could just use the Webisode channel plugin instead. See forums.plex.tv/discussion/71407/rel-webisodes/p1

Even if you want to create your own plugin, the YouTube code used in the Webisode plugin (github.com/shopgirl284/Webisodes.bundle/blob/master/Contents/Code/youtube.py) would be a helpful example for accessing YouTube videos from playlists or user accounts without logging into a YouTube account or using the YouTube API.