We got multiple requests like "How can I support you guys?", "Can I buy you a beer?" or "Where can I donate?". As you may have noticed, we are striving to not disappoint anybody... so here is your chance:
Support PlexConnect: [Donate US-$] or [Donate EUR].
Be assured, your donation will be shared within the PlexConnect core team.
"How much" you ask?
My advice - on the cashier side - might not fully coincide with your view. Nevertheless here are some thoughts:
- How much did your aTV's value increase? How much do you save using your aTV instead of your other solution? I heard comments about sending MacMinis in retirement... I am fine with half of that. :-)
- Run python as shown (by now you should know the basics). Add a monetary unit and you are done.
- Vote on a scale from 1 ("oomph") to 5 ("like it") to 10 ("love it"). Extrapolate as needed ("gotta have it")... We even accept multiple votes!
- aTV3 (or next gen) to support development
- more local storage (for media and backups)
- Find a reason for sitting here - girls already start asking... "What is daddy doing over there all the time?"
- Apple stock (once we have enough, we might be able to pressure Cook into opening an aTV App store... :-)
We have no visionary powers - do you? We don't know what Apple has up its sleeves. We can't guarantee the future value of this piece of software. It might work as expected - or not. Take this warning serious before deciding on a payment...