Check your PM (Upper right corner)
I have same issues almost to the letter. Only difference being this when I run script.
Blockquote ERROR: Could not get credentials from plex.tv (Error: 7)
curl error 7 is not being able to connect to the host (plex.tv) using https (port 443)
Something between you and plex.tv is blocking it
I agree. But nothing else blocking anything into or out of server. And why after did this start when I have not touched it in several months. If I remember correctly the logs started showing issues 4-5 days ago.
ISPs have been known to make changes (wan address/mode, DNS, etc)
- No VPN?
- DNS is manually set to Google, etc -or- are you using your ISP (who might redirect/block)
This will be a stupid issue when you find it
No, nothing like that. It is strange though. I scrolled through my logs and an idea occurred to me. I double checked and the connections to plex websites started failing almost exactly around when I was finally able to hardwire (ethernet connection) it again after having to run it off wifi adapter for awhile. But it is connected to internet and nothing else on system seems to be having network issues. And I can even play media locally on local clients. Ideas on a fix? If I just nuke the whole server, operating system and all and start over?
First and foremost – Playing / doing anything locally isn’t a factor.
The script must be able to perform one command without failure for everything to come together.
- Pick the host information out of Preferences.xml
ClientId="$(cat "$Preferences" | \
tail -1 | \
sed -e 's/.*ProcessedMachineIdentifier="//' | \
sed -e 's/".*//' )"
- Using that ProcessedMachineID, and the PlexClaimToken you’ve given it on the command line (less than 5 minutes prior — the token only lasts 5 minutes from time of issue)
( PlexClaimToken comes from https://plex.tv/claim and must be used within 5 minutes… within 4 minutes to be safe )
LoginInfo="$(curl -X POST -s \
-H "X-Plex-Client-Identifier: $ClientID" \
"https://plex.tv/api/claim/exchange?token=${PlexClaimToken}")"
From these two commands:
- Manually get the identifier Plex.tv needs from your Preferences.xml file
- Send that to Plex.tv with your claim token and get a reply (your credentials)
You can type these by hand.
What do you get when you do ?
Am I supposed to enter line by line in shell, or save to file make executable and run? Either way I get an error for cat no file for the first and nothing for the second.
-
$Preferencesis a variable. By default it points to"/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml" -
For your case here, set the variable Preferences and then you can copy/paste again —or— you can simply substitute and use the actual pathname.
I am not getting any result. Can you give me an example where I can just paste in the ```
ProcessedMachineIdentifier and token in myself? Or I will go back and find logs where I tried this before.
Log from while I was attempting this.