No related to plex but I thought maybe someone here could be helpful.
For reasons of using the shield pro for plex and complete tv control I have turned on cec
For some strange reason both of my TVs are doing odd things to the receivers. They are shutting them off switching inputs, etc.
Now this is important here, these are classic 2 channel receiver with IR control only. They have no video capability at all (not even a third rca video port for vintage electronics) they are hooked up to the TVs with 3.5 mm to rca cables from the TVs to the audio ports on the receiver. Seriously this is set up just like you would set a home theater system up in the 80s.
The TVs are different, LG and Samsung, the receivers are the same Sony two channel receivers from 2005. Just a basic receiver. Both sets do have NVIDIA shield pros and Xbox ones connected.
The shield and the Xbox are set to have IR blasting capabilities to control the receivers, however the receiver is behaving oddly even when both devices are off, shield has green light off and Xbox is 100% off. Example I turned the Nintendo switch on and turned the tv on and the receiver went off. Even running an update check on the Samsung tv shut the receiver off when the tv blinked off for a second.
Two changes I made that would be the culprit (turning on hdmi cec and adding the shield pros to my setup)
I’ve even put the shield remote in another room with the door closed so the Ir transmitter on it can be ruled out,
Either the shield pro has a hidden Ir blaster in the box itself or for some crazy reason the tv is actually able to turn off the receiver through its rca cables??? And I’m not sure why it always wants to change the state of the receiver when it should not be going off (like nobody who changes hdmi1 to hdmi2 would ever want their stereo to go off) the Xbox has also been unplugged.
Anyone have a clue or do I just have a ghost trying to piss me off lol