Intel based laptop vs AMD based desktop

So I was just wondering what peoples opinions may be. I currently run my server from a NAS with an Intel Celeron J4125 and would like some more transcoding capability when it comes up as I have around 10 users but only like 40Mbps uploads from my ISP. My NAS will transcode 2ish stream no problem, but I’m certain if it had to do 3 or 4 it would fall on its face. I have a laptop equipped with an Intel i5-8300H and GTX 1060. I also have most of the parts to put together a small pc with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700X and GTX 1070. I was just wondering what you guys think would be better for Plex. I’m not sure if Plex prefers lots of threads (Ryzen), or more powerful cores (Intel). I know the GPU is likely pretty serious overkill in either of them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.