Is the Rock64 SBC an option for OpenPHT v2 ?

openpht

@kwiboo

Will the new version of OpenPHT work embedded on a Rock64 single board computer ?

I ask as this seems to be the only one to support HDR

@treboR2Robert said:
@kwiboo

Will the new version of OpenPHT work embedded on a Rock64 single board computer ?

@kwiboo was working on just this in the last few months with Plex Inc staff as well. There will be a release for it eventually.

@benjaminwolf said:

@treboR2Robert said:
@kwiboo

@kwiboo was working on just this in the last few months with Plex Inc staff as well. There will be a release for it eventually.

What about this new OpenPHT 1.9 release from @veisen ?

I thought he had taken over from @Kwiboo for OpenPHT development ?

@Kwiboo hasn’t posted anything on here since November 2017

@treboR2Robert said:

Correct, I have taken a break from OpenPHT/RasPlex for the past year and have been focusing on working with more hardware close development to help bring Rockchip support to LibreELEC and Kodi.
I am slowly refocusing on OpenPHTv2 development again and are currently waiting on the big wave of architectural changes in Kodi Leia to slow down.

OpenPHT/RasPlex 1.9.0 work is mainly aimed at bringing Raspberry Pi 3B+ support, merging pull requests that have been open for some time, upgrading embedded to LibreELEC 8.2 and adding debian stretch + ubuntu bionic linux builds. Will be finalized when LibreELEC 8.2.5 is released in coming days/weeks.

@Kwiboo said:

@treboR2Robert said:

Correct, I have taken a break from OpenPHT/RasPlex for the past year and have been focusing on working with more hardware close development to help bring Rockchip support to LibreELEC and Kodi.
I am slowly refocusing on OpenPHTv2 development again and are currently waiting on the big wave of architectural changes in Kodi Leia to slow down.

OpenPHT/RasPlex 1.9.0 work is mainly aimed at bringing Raspberry Pi 3B+ support, merging pull requests that have been open for some time, upgrading embedded to LibreELEC 8.2 and adding debian stretch + ubuntu bionic linux builds. Will be finalized when LibreELEC 8.2.5 is released in coming days/weeks.

Welcome back @Kwiboo good to see your still around.

So this version of OpenPHT that @veisen has released is different to yours ?

What platforms will your OpenPHT 1.9 work on apart from Rpi3B+ ?

I have loved your Rasplex builds for years and used them exclusively but now I have a 4k HDR tv i need something other than a pi.

Is there anything that your version of OpenPHT 1.9 will work on that supports 4k and HDR10 ?

Since I saw @veisen’s release I have been looking for a Amlogic s905x box but I am struggling to find a decent quality one, they all seem to be quite old sold out.

So yeah what can we install your OpenPHT 1.9 on that will play 4k HDR, I need to buy something !

Thanks again for all your good work :slight_smile: