Log file flooded by DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread

server-raspberry-pi

#1

hi,

I've searched the forums but can't find the answer. Consolidating my log file I find the following logging:
3232 /mnt/plexmetadata/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log
6 DEBUG - NetworkService: Creating new service.
6 DEBUG - NetworkService: Got notification of changed network (first change: 1)
6 DEBUG - NetworkService: Quick dispatch of network change.
6 DEBUG - Sync: uploadStatus
8 DEBUG - Plug-in limit of 6 exceeded.
9 DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread 0x745340d0.
9 Killing.
11 GET /:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/resourceHashes (8 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (rraymond)
13 GET / (8 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (rraymond)
13 in the database, it has changed.
14 DEBUG - HTTP 200 response from GET http://127.0.0.1:42705/:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/resourceHashes
14 DEBUG - HTTP requesting GET http://127.0.0.1:42705/:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/resourceHashes
14 HTTP reply status 200, with 13276 bytes of content.
14 Sending command over HTTP (GET): /:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/resourceHashes
15 HTTP reply status 200, with 0 bytes of content.
15 HTTP reply status 200, with 60766 bytes of content.
15 Sending command: GET /:/prefixes
18 DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread 0x6ea7e400.
29 HTTP reply status 200, with 16 bytes of content.
44 200 GET /:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/messaging/
44 DEBUG - HTTP 200 response from GET http://127.0.0.1:42705/:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/messaging/
44 DEBUG - HTTP requesting GET http://127.0.0.1:42705/:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/messaging/
44 GET /:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/messaging/
44 Sending command over HTTP (GET): /:/plugins/com.plexapp.system/messaging/
48 DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread 0x71fff400.
56 DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread 0x727ff400.
2095 DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread 0x74397400.

I'm running PMS on a RPi 3 model B. Meta data repository is on a USB external drive partition formatted as ext4. Network is slow, 75% of the time < 2mbs. Are these issues related to network performance or hard drive performance. What settings can I change to reduce / remove this? I do limit bandwidth PMS can use to 10MB per day, this is before quota set in iptables has been exceeded. Playback on my LAN works well - no issues with buffering.


#2

@rraymond said:

I'm running PMS on a RPi 3 model B. Meta data repository is on a USB external drive partition formatted as ext4. Network is slow, 75% of the time < 2mbs. Are these issues related to network performance or hard drive performance.

Sorry, but please elaborate on your issues :smile: What issues do you have? Till now, you haven't told us anything and there is no error or warning visible in the log snippet you have posted. Please also use the "code" format to post logs, to improve the readability.

Btw: the only issue I can see, is that you use more than 6 plugins. Please remove some plugins and use 6 at most.


#3

Apologies I did try to mark up log as code. The problem I was trying to understand was why meta-data was not downloading. All I could find in the log were there DEBUG Thread messages. These were not present in another PMS that I'm running on Mac OS with a very good network and repository on o/s hard drive. Since posting this I have observed these in my well running PMS server after upgrading to 1.11.3.4803 from 1.10.x.

My RPi on slow network, through a lot of prodding is updating meta-data. I think this is a hangover from a bad upgrade that impacting PMS config/repo. Always on linux I now shutdown plex before doing a sudo apt-get update/upgrade.

I therefore think this is a different issue. Since PMS 1.11 it has started flooding the log file with spurious debug information which does not help gauge in PMS is running well.