Online and local subtitles

hi everyone,

I hope everyone stays safe.
I have a quick question, I download subtitles from open subtitle and I can say 90% of the times it gets them right, but there some occasion where it doesn’t.
Can I download the subtitle that I know that it works and added to the movie folder? can I select a local subtitle for an specific movie and the rest the use the online service?

Thanks so much.

yes. you can either do this by putting them with file

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200471133-adding-local-subtitles-to-your-media/

or this

Screen_Shot_2020-03-27_at_2_29_18_PM

thank you very much

lhoffstadt,

What sorts of troubles did you have with the files form subtitles.org? I have a program which can pull them from the .MKV files in my library (as I am re-encoding them all to h.265 M4V files) - which cannot STORE the subtitles. One of them is being a BEE-ATCH! The subtitles editor - reads about 3 lines and then stops - because they are italicized (indicating someone is speaking).

Every ‘e’ is showing as an ‘o’ … every ‘n’ is showing as an ‘r’ and many other strangnesses.

So I was gonna think about downloading them from there. I looked and ENGLISH has about 12 listings for this movie - but are all 720p BR rips, and my files are 1080p BR rips.

Looking for some advice from someone who has downloaded them before.

bh