Plex Media Server shows indirect connection from all devices that access my network through wifi

server-raspberry-pi

Plex Media Server shows indirect connection from all devices that access my network through wifi, but not if I hardwire it to the router. My Pi is hardwired to the router as well. Did not have this issue before this morning. My Pi just quit on me and I had to reinstall Plex for some reason. I assume my wifi and the ports on the back of the router should all be considered the same network. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

@Dramm said:
I assume my wifi and the ports on the back of the router should all be considered the same network. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

There is a router feature called “AP Isolation”. Please check if this is available in your router and enabled. This would have the effect your are describing.

You might have to login plex.tv and go to the settings portion for the PMS you are having issues with and there might be a spot that says “claim server” and will ask you to login with your plex account username + password.

I recently tested a PMS on my nVidia Shield TV and this is what I noticed. Someone might have clearer instructions.