Plexamp Feature Requests

I do like Plexamp, it's a really nice little app sitting in the bottom right of my screen.

A couple of feature requests:

Choosing the output source. I often listen with my headphones, but Plexamp always seems to want to play out of my iMac speakers instead. Can we get a way to change that?

Browse library. I know the whole idea of plexamp is to be small. Not include all the heavy features. But unfortunately I have a large library, and often I can't actually remember what I want to watch. Would be nice to see a tiny grid of albums or artist images so I can drill down and remember which songs I wanted to listen to.

:smile:

MacPro 10.12.6, same thing w/ output destination. Sorta important that, or my wife will have words w/ the devs! :wink:

@eliottrobson said:
Choosing the output source. I often listen with my headphones, but Plexamp always seems to want to play out of my iMac speakers instead. Can we get a way to change that?

Yep, expect improvements there :slight_smile:

Browse library. I know the whole idea of plexamp is to be small. Not include all the heavy features. But unfortunately I have a large library, and often I can’t actually remember what I want to watch. Would be nice to see a tiny grid of albums or artist images so I can drill down and remember which songs I wanted to listen to.

Pro Tip: Click on the Recently Played and Recently Added titles to go into an infinitely scrolling browse mode. Helpful?

PlexAmp for smartphones. Connect to your server at the house, use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and cast it to your car.
That would be cool.

How about a bigger size option? Let’s face it, even Roo size on a 4K monitor is pretty small. :smile: Also, while I do like the visuals, the main reasy why I still use WinAMP is because of Milk Drop. Throw some fullscreen 4K, color, Chemical Brothers lovin’ , Block Rockin’ Beats, visuals at us! Support for SLI, maybe throw something really visually stunning at us! Multiple monitor support! :smile:

PlexAmp on ShieldTV with Milk Drop type visuals. I drool just thinking about it. Ohh! Or a PlexAmp/Plex app on Oculus Rift!

Hey, when you dream, why dream small?

Alexa Skill to play Plex Music on Amazon Echo devices. I have similar that works with a WD Cloud NAS drive but if in Plex I could consolidate and better manage my media.

An aside, but you should be able to use the Alexa Skill to control Plexamp :slight_smile:

@elan said:
An aside, but you should be able to use the Alexa Skill to control Plexamp :slight_smile:

I have Alexa (echo, dot, tap) in just about every room. Not looking for ability to control PlexAmp, looking for ability to stream from Plex to Echo. I didn’t think it was possible until I found it on WD My Cloud Home

plexamp for android /mobile devices would be great! In plex android client no gapless music play is possible

Sorry, any way to put a song in a playlist when using plexamp? Hope not to make a offtopic.
Thanks anyway!

@“Ranieri e Nicole” said:
Sorry, any way to put a song in a playlist when using plexamp? Hope not to make a offtopic.

Not yet, sorry.