Plexamp Question - On Win10, How do I move the window?

I opened the app for the first time and it shows a list of my music. But there is no top application bar. I have tried clicking and dragging to move the window but it won't move. Is there a setting to turn on the top bar?

You need to actually start playing something and then you can move it. A little crazy but it works.

Hmm. Bring movable only in certain states seems poorly designed. Ah well, we still have MPC-HC.

Being* (I don’t see an Edit Comment button on these forums)

@johnrebick said:
Hmm. Bring movable only in certain states seems poorly designed.

Yep, and we’ll clearly address at some point :wink:

I tried PlexAMP, it was very frustrating to use. The basics are difficult, play next song, maximize, forward back, show playlist, a good start, but need a long way to go.

@elan said:

@johnrebick said:
Hmm. Bring movable only in certain states seems poorly designed.

Yep, and we’ll clearly address at some point :wink:

It’s been several months, but I’d like to apologize for the tone of that. I shouldn’t have criticized when I’m not paying anything to use it. I appreciate all that you guys do.

Great news @elan. When might it be updated?

I apparently can’t drag my window into my screen to be able to start some music. Usually I’m docked with external monitors, but today I’m just using my laptop’s built-in display and can’t drag or start (then drag) the window. :expressionless:

You can drag the window once something is playing :sweat_smile:

Plexamp is still on that now invisible monitor.

I can only tell you a workaround for Windows:

• Make sure Plexamp has ‘focus’. (if you are unsure about this, simply close and restart it)
  • Now, press and hold down the ‘Windows’ and ‘Shift’ keys
  • now tap repeatedly on or to switch plexamp to a different screen

Thanks for the workaround; I am on Windows. I’ll give that a try tomorrow.

[Update]: the Win+Shift <-/-> didn’t seem to work for me, although I was eventually able to get the window to move. Apparently Plexamp took a hot moment to load and I may have been impatient before. Thankfully, I had been listening to an album and was able to drag it into view.

I really like Plexamp’s simplicity. Maybe there is room for some fine tuning that could be added to a backlog.

I’ve noticed that I can move the Plex amp window immediately after starting the app.
The window starts up blank, it takes a few couple of seconds to get it populated.
During that blank period I can move the window, but once it get filled with my content it gets “locked” until playing something.
This is on my work computer running Win10, so maybe it’s a bit slow to sync up the content from my server at home.