I’m delighted with the addition of podcasts to Plex and I hope it’s a success.
I’m sad to say I’ve found a bug right out of the box: I’ve added seven feeds, gone to the player to see what it looks like with content and the “Add feed” icon has disappeared. I can’t find it or any other way of adding more podcasts. [Edit: I’ve typed “https://app.plex.tv/desktop” into the address bar and it’s reappeared. I can carry on adding, but it obviously needs looking into.]
These are some features I value in my current podcast client and that I’d love to see added to Plex:
- Ability to edit podcast artwork.
- Ability to edit podcast title.
- Ability to sort each podcast individually by:
· Publication date (ascending and descending)
· Episode title (ascending and descending)
· File name (ascending and descending)
· Episode duration (ascending and descending)
- Ability to filter episodes by text or keywords.
- Ability to specify whether episodes should be downloaded newest-first or oldest-first.
- A “skip intro” function, by which one can set a number of seconds to be skipped forward at the beginning of each episode. Ideally individually configurable for each podcast.
- Ability to mark episodes as listened-to by “older than this episode” and “newer than this episode”.
- Ability to select/deselect episodes from a list or grid with the standard Windows control+click and shift+click.
- Ability to share an individual episode or the podcast feed via the usual methods.
- Ability to “star” or otherwise mark favourite episodes.
- Ability to clean up feeds by deleting “listened-to” or “older than” episodes, manually or on schedule.
- Ability to save specific episodes so they aren’t deleted.
- Ability to list the following:
· Episodes with playback in progress
· All downloaded episodes
· 10 most recent episodes
Obviously this is a long list and a whole lot of work, but I think the app would benefit from these functions.
[Windows 10 Home 1803 64-bit, Firefox 60.0.1 64-bit]