Refund on “lifetime”?

Server Version#:
Player Version#:

The new appletv update is so astonishingly bad that I’m wondering what my options are for a refund given you guys clearly are not sticking to the term “lifetime.”

Have a read through the T&C, you’ll see that they are welcome to change features and functionality

Just relax and let them get on fixing it :roll_eyes:

If they did somehow refund, you’d regret it after a week

I imagine if you bought it more than 1 month ago, you’ll have no chance of a refund.

…how long ago did you get it?

Honestly, this is where I am not holding my breath as the move away from platform-native players to a unified code-base was a policy decision they made 2 years ago.

I don’t believe they can revert now as (I imagine) those platform-native devs are no longer with the company.

A “lifetime” ago :smiley:

unified code-base isn’t a bad thing though

It’s just certain decisions they’ve made that has got people up in arms, partly bugs, partly design choices

Any idea how frequently these AppleTV updates come out? Or how quickly patches occur? Im new here, and have no idea what I’m in for.

You can check (and bookmark) the release notes in the announcement category.

In this case it means more unnecessary transcoding and in some cases, media that used to play doesn’t anymore.

Quite frequently.

Specifics? Probably better off reforming the media so it is more compatible.
I’m not seeing unusual transcoding or errors or complaints from neighbors and family. Most are using basic systems and haven’t noticed the missing rear channels of DD7.1 content.

Went though this with the devs months ago during the “Plex experience” beta. It’s been confirmed by them and not a compatability issue per se.

The issue is more about the power of my older AppleTV which the native player could direct play but the unified-code player requires more power to direct play,