Server disappear after claiming it

server-linux

Hi, I'm running a Plex Media Server on my Centos 7 server on my local network.
Everything went fine, I can access to my files, etc...
But when I try to claim it, it vanish...
When I look into "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml" there is my PlexOnlineUsername set.

I don't know what I have done wrong, can someon help me ?

Log your browser out of your account (upper right).
Now open either the IP of your Plex server or go to Plex.tv and "Launch".

If this still fails, close & reopen the browser. Occasionally browsers caches don't update quick enough.

I'm sorry ChuckPA, this does not work. I've even tried accessing in a totally different browser on a different computer. No luck. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. I'm running Ubuntu and am having to claim my server multiple times a day. I've logged out of the account, logged in, tried different browsers and different computers.

This is new behavior within the last update or two.

What is the URL specifically you are going to?
Try going to http://:32400/web

in case there are any ownership issues with the files:

1. Stop PMS
  2. sudo chown -R plex:plex /var/lib/plexmediaserver
  3. Start PMS

The next issue often occurring when a machine can't be claimed is the WAN internet connection. Most often you'll see **Cannot resolve host('plex.tv')

To all here.

There was a synchronization problem on the Plex.tv side. They did sort it out.

All should be ok / fully resolved.

If you still have issues, please advise

I had to claim again this morning and it hasn't reverted. I'll follow up if there's a change in status.

Thanks!

I've been having the same issue and I can't seem to figure out a way to solve this.
A quick rundown - I've been using Plex on a Synology NAS for quite a long time now. Recently I moved from New Zealand to Australia. Same computers, same router, same settings. I guess the only thing different is the service provider. I checked and I don't have a double-nat issue. Tried to delete the preferences.xml - didn't help. The moment I claim the server it disappears and the only way to get it back is to remove the keys related to the "claiming". Of course then the server is not accessible through internet, only on the local network. Any more ideas would be super appreciated.
Thanks!

@olcho said:
I've been having the same issue and I can't seem to figure out a way to solve this.
A quick rundown - I've been using Plex on a Synology NAS for quite a long time now. Recently I moved from New Zealand to Australia. Same computers, same router, same settings. I guess the only thing different is the service provider. I checked and I don't have a double-nat issue. Tried to delete the preferences.xml - didn't help. The moment I claim the server it disappears and the only way to get it back is to remove the keys related to the "claiming". Of course then the server is not accessible through internet, only on the local network. Any more ideas would be super appreciated.
Thanks!

Check your DNS and subnet addressing. These are the two most common changes which cause problems whenever moving.

nslookup plex.tv will tell you if the computer is seeing the net correctly. if it's coming back as 'unable to resolve' or other error, you've found the problem

Thank you for the suggestion. This is what I'm getting:
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer
Name: plex.tv
Addresses: 54.154.93.18

Those values verify DNS from computer through 192.168.1.1 is reaching out.

Is the Synology's networking (Control Panel - Network - Interfaces - each active device) setup for the correct subnet?
Does the one which is connected to the internet also have the Set as default gateway box checked?

Something trivial changed.

Yes and yes.
In a last desperate attempt, I wiped out the whole thing, did a fresh install and now it all seems to be working.
Super annoying because I lost of a lot of manually added data, but at least things seem to be working once more.
Thanks again for all your help!