SiteConfigurations.bundle

plugin-dev

hi,

is it possible to define the settings for a WebVideoItem in your own bundle not globally?

I am writing a plugin for a vimeo feed and the dimensions in vimeo.xml don't fit at all so I had to define my own.

You can put custom site configuration files in "~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Site Configurations" while you're developing. It's not possible to apply site configurations on a per-bundle basis, since several plug-ins could be using content from the same site and keeping the config files shared would let all plug-ins benefit from improvements.

You may have some difficulty with Vimeo though - we'll probably need to add some more features to the media server to fully support it. The file included in SiteConfigurations.bundle is still a work in progress (hence why there's no Vimeo plug-in available yet). If you run in to any problems or limitations within the framework or site config file structure, please let us know & we'll do our best to improve things. We want to make plug-in development as easy as possible :)

I think the things needs for Vimeo are:

* Improved mouse emulation (gotta make the mouse "wiggle" to get the controls to display).

* Dynamic dimensions specification (e.g. width="width() - 10") since the video sizes do vary.

Of course, in lieu of that you could try to get access to the H.264/FLV streams :-)

[quote name='elan' post='24619' date='Feb 23 2009, 10:57 AM']
Of course, in lieu of that you could try to get access to the H.264/FLV streams :-)

[/quote]

I like this idea a lot. In my experience FlashPlayer has never been something that can really provide a stable framerate, and I'd almost always rather see buffer and decode handled by Plex.

[quote name='elan' post='24619' date='Feb 23 2009, 07:57 PM']

[/quote]

Perhaps it would be possible to reverse engineer the access to the direct streams but i guess sites like vimeo wouldn't like this and change it quite often. So I think it is a nice idea to use flash.

I want to access vimeo videos like this: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3265369

To view them I had to change the dimensions to that worked for all streams of the feed. But if you find a solution that fits all vimeo videos I'm fine with it too :)