Hi there,
Is there any way to utilise the capabilities of NETINT Codensity T408 accelerator for HW transcoding?
https://netint.ca/product/t400_transcoder/
I compiled FFmpeg with support for this device to do some tests (code is provided by the company) and was very satisfied with the quality and speed of transcoding on my NAS (CPU Ryzen V1500B without transcoding capabilities).
This card consumes less than 7W power and can easily run multiple transcoding simultaneously (I only tried to run 4 simultaneous tasks via FFmpeg from 1080 hevc to 720 h264 and had no issues).
I know Plex uses Plex Universal Transcoder which is based on FFmpeg, but is there any way to utilise FFmpeg directly?
I was looking around and saw the project called Unicorn Transcoder. It looks like with some coding it should be possible to use custom FFmpeg but the whole project is so complex to run. It would be really awesome if Plex supported the T408 card out of the box.