Use Dune-Mediaplayer for Playback from Mobile Client

At my Mobile-Client (Ios), there is a TV-Symbol for select a Player.

In the Moment there is only shown my mobile device (This IPhone).

 

My Idee is, to use this App to select my Dune-Mediaplayer and start Playback a Movie

I dont want use a native client on the Dune, because I like the Interface of the Ios.

Is this possible and how?

 

The dune can start a movie with IP-Control

 A Example is:

http://10.0.0.1/cgi-bin/do?cmd=start_file_playback&media_url=nfs://10.0.0.1:/Videostorage:/someFolder/file.mkv

 

There are other possible commands, like select a Subtitle or Audiostream.

 

Is it possible to configure the plexapp to send this commands, when i press the playback button?

How i get the dune shown in the "players-List" ?

 

Or need for this a special remote client running on the dune, to communicate with the app?

if yes, where can i found infos to start a project ?

 

I think, it will be really great, if the mobile client can use for playback on the the mobile device and control the mediaplayer as remote..

 

cu, stehohrhase

Not possible, "Players" are devices which are running a Plex client, not a DLNA client like the DUNE is.

If you really really want to do it, then what you are really asking is "How do I write a Plex client for the DUNE?"

OK, Dune is not a DLNA Client. He access the file over network shares.

So, then my question is "How do I write a Plex client without Gui" ?

Is this correct ? Are there Infos and Sample-Code for Developper available ?

Hi,

try to use the emplexer-Plugin from newloran2. This is a Plex-Client for the Dunes;-)

BR
Peter