Very poor playback

rasplex

I have just bought a Rev2 Pi and installed 0.1.36 on it - as well as purchasing the MPG2 and VC1 codecs (although i am unable to check they are working which might be half the issue here).  Video playback of my blu-ray rips is terrible though.

If i pull up the stream info the video Mb/s rarely goes above 20Mb/s but the CPU0 stays maxed at 100%.  The video plays for a second, then stops for a second, then starts again.

I appreciate blu-ray rips are a challenge but the Pi is supposed to be able to decode at 40Mb/s for h264 files

I am running a Sandisk HCSD 10 8gb SD card (in case that is relevant)

Try the 0.1.37 release, available from the rasplex-installer.

Did you overclock?

Did you overclock?

It's using the values in the config file which looks like as light over clock. Should I put it back to stock?

Stock is very very light, you should overclock more. I'm using cpu 950, sdram 450 and core 450 and my bluray rips play fine if i pause it to let it buffer enogh. The network is the problem.

Overvoltage 2. I forgot:-)

Sounds like you should read some other threads regarding bluray and DTS...

Sounds like you should read some other threads regarding bluray and DTS...

ok, that's cryptic...

Try the 0.1.37 release, available from the rasplex-installer.

The performance and picture quality is much improved for 1080p from 0.1.36. Very close now to my dedicated media player. Great work!

ok, that's cryptic...

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/66367-high-bitrate-videos/

This is still a problem - sadly. But we should be able to fix this in the feature (since XBMC is able to play these files on the RPi).