Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The ps4 app crashs all the time with ERROR CE-34878-0

Master KingMaster King Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 2016 in PlayStation

The ps4 app crashs all the time with ERROR CE-34878-0

Tagged:

Answers

• Master KingMaster King Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have submitted numerous error reports!

• muffinman90muffinman90 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2016

Same issue, every time I finish a tv episode or try to play again after a pause the application will crash.

• ggoldfingerdggoldfingerd Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have also submitted at least 5 reports. I get crashes every day. Happens when stopping media and during navigation. This app was pretty stable a few months ago. Now it's on a crash frenzy.

• toose88toose88 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, although it happens more consistently with certain shows. I have 32 seasons of survivor and if I go into season 32 the error kicks in without fail. Interestingly, when I browse the show via the TV menu it only shows the first 20 seasons. The only way I've been able to access season 32 is via browsing recently added or on deck shows.

• toose88toose88 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

log file of latest crash

log.txt 10.4K
  • andympageandympage Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Its been days without a developer response, terrible customer service. Even a "we are working on it" would be ok. But no, just crickets... There are quite a lot of threads on this problem now without answers.

Yeah i get the same problem when i switch tv shows too.

• yellowdog22yellowdog22 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

happening here too but not on all files

• kurokuro Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Same problem here can only watch one tv show and then it crashes if I try to play another one

• Flaggy1Flaggy1 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue, it will crash after every single episode.

• RagnarMaelstromRagnarMaelstrom Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same thing here -- more than a bit annoying as we're using the PS4 as our primary access to the Plex media server...

I would appreciate a admin to jump in on this im getting annoyed.

• andympageandympage Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It looks like people are registering just to report the problem. I have reported the problem to Sony now as we have been waiting so long for even a response, if everyone does the same maybe we will finally get a response from Plex admin.

• djkoopadjkoopa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just jumping in here to report the same, Plex on PS4 is practically unusable for me at the minute. No errors however through PC or the Xbox App

• dbreiny@gmail.comdbreiny@gmail.com Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too, having this issue all the time lately. Gave up on a TV show today and chose another one to even get it to work. This used to work flawlessly, but now it constantly crashes with the same message as shown above. I use PS4 for Plex playback all the time and I am suffering since this issue started a few weeks ago.

• Keegami42Keegami42 Posts: 1Members

I have been having the same problem since I installed Plex a couple of months ago. It is almost useless. I am just going to switch back to using Kodi on my Raspberry Pi, it works a hundred times better than Plex.

• djkoopadjkoopa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mark8 said:
    Hi everyone, I'm a user like yourselves - primarily Plexweb and android but do use the Playstation app on occasion. I've touched base with the admin team and the official word from the developer team is.

"That's an out of memory crash in PS4. PS4 doesn't page memory to disk when it runs out it just crashes. By default we get around 230 MB of ram, in our new release they will give us up to 300mb and we have also fixed some of their leaks so it should get better once we get the release out."

Working with Playstation's QA makes it hard for them to give us any sort of definitive timeframe for the fix. It's possible it could be June before the next release.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark, good to hear it's being worked on

• JE3146JE3146 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@djkoopa said:

@mark8 said:
    Hi everyone, I'm a user like yourselves - primarily Plexweb and android but do use the Playstation app on occasion. I've touched base with the admin team and the official word from the developer team is.

"That's an out of memory crash in PS4. PS4 doesn't page memory to disk when it runs out it just crashes. By default we get around 230 MB of ram, in our new release they will give us up to 300mb and we have also fixed some of their leaks so it should get better once we get the release out."

Working with Playstation's QA makes it hard for them to give us any sort of definitive timeframe for the fix. It's possible it could be June before the next release.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark, good to hear it's being worked on

Not to shoot the messenger, but it would be nice to actually hear it directly from the admin team on this.

I submitted a help ticket on this and was pointed to the forums with zero attempt at all to even help the situation.

I come here and all I see are numerous threads on the subject and an unofficial post about it with absolutely no reply from the admins on what is probably the single most annoying bug I've ever encountered while using Plex.

A lot of us are paying customers on this. Is a simple response to this too much?

• e3posoe3poso Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This has been a very big headache. Please work overtime to fix if you can! :)