If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox one new app is trash!

AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 150Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok this interface is horrible, absolutely horrible, I have 2 tv libraries, one for dvr recordings and one for other shows, playlists are gone, i mean i cant even use the old one anymore though it shows i can download it, Xbox immediately says it needs updated and updates and puts the old one back into app ready to install.

I've always had good things to say about Plex, but unfortunately I have to launch a HUGE complaint here, the app is trash remove it now or let me use the old one

Thanks for rendering my Xbox useless for Plex, back to roku, I better not see this crap app on there!

Comments

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,530Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there.

I have 2 tv libraries, one for dvr recordings and one for other shows

What exactly is the issue here. You can access your TV libraries by navigating up from the top navigation bar on the dashboard to switch between them.

playlists are gone

Switch to the library that playlist is comprised of and you'll see the playlists in a hub on that dashboard.

Please let us know what the pain points you have with the app are, feedback is always useful.

• AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 150Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2017

To make this usable for me I pretty much have to combine my libraries which I don't want to do as I have a few seasons commercial free of tv shows I also dvr on another library

Found one positive, Navi loads faster, my suggestion don't combine libraries, keep them separate by name and have playlists as a whole up there with them, hide things I don't have like videos and photos, keep the navigation buttons the same, they have my own name and are individual, that's all I'm going to say, kudos for making my 1000 show playlist load fast, could have appeased us to changes with live tv like on phone, if a phone can do it so can an Xbox. And fix the navigation like it was even if on top and it separates dashboards for each library

• renettirenetti Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kayllisti that's a good point. Even with the server updates we can see what's new. However with the Xbox, it updates whether you like it or not, and does not even tell you what the update is for. Once it's completed there is no going back.

Also drip the recommended and channels at the bottom, channels are there only if you have any installed, I don't I would like to turn that entire bottom bar off

That's basically how I feel it added complexity and a new age look at the cost of functionality to some degree and the only positive I've seen is it loads items faster, anyways take that advice how you want, I have a nice roku ultra I can use also on all my tv's so if combining my libraries doesn't make this feel better I'll just use it instead

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,530Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@KeiffG If you follow the instructions in that first run message it will populate your dashboard after with your expected On Deck, recently added hubs etc. That message should only show up the first time you run the app. If you press up when focused on a type icon on the dashboard it should reveal a library source picker that shows all the libraries available in that type.

• EnigmaFXEnigmaFX Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa iv been posting for 2 days NOW one reply frm anyone anywhere can you kindly point me in the right direction here
    "Plex is showing unwatched shows and movies as watched? not sure why or how to resolve this just started happening today
    I made a video depicting the issue if that helps? -->

and no recents showing up as well for invited friends using my server on xboxone

i think it is the plex app updates on all platforms that is causing these issues , not the server updates as far as i can tell can someone confirm?
    Did this answer the question? Yes · No

@neckmeats Thanks

@KeiffG I'm sorry you don't like the blurred backgrounds but a lot of users prefer them to the black ones. You can disable the screensaver in the app settings if you wish. Asking you to log back in is by design, which you can also disable by enabling automatic sign in in the app settings.

@EnigmaFX Is this on all your clients or specific ones? I've passed it on to the relevant team either way.

edited October 2017

@Moussa thanks for the reply, i can confirm it is on apple tv 4k and none 4k iterations and xobxone, I can also confirm that it happened directly after the last app update on all these platforms

@Moussa ok quick "update" some pun intended :P , I have One Apple tv out of my 6 that didn't update AND everything is fine on it so the issue is definitely linked to the app update on the client it seems, also one of my 3 xbox one's is did not updated BUT i cant check if ti works on that one because it is saying in order to use the app I HAVE TO UPDATE... lol so im screwed there either way

@EnigmaFX What about the web app? Does it persist after you force close the app and restart it?

@Moussa said:
    @EnigmaFX What about the web app? Does it persist after you force close the app and restart it?

web client is fine as well mate