If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One - Plex no longer playing any media

russell89russell89 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

Not sure if there was an update to the Xbox One Plex app recently? but as of this morning, every show or movie I try to play I get a black screen and then eventually a message from my tv saying the resolution is not supported. I am not even able to change the video settings as there is no gui or overlay, just a black screen.

Anyone else experiencing this at all?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,525Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

There is apparently a way to turn off the display mode switching in Settings -> Video of the app. If you could get us the logs requested above before doing this however, it would be incredibly helpful. :)

Answers

Accepted Answer

There is apparently a way to turn off the display mode switching in Settings -> Video of the app. If you could get us the logs requested above before doing this however, it would be incredibly helpful. :)

• seqfaultseqfault Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 3

For me display mode switching results in just a black screen (followed by a lost signal) if the xbox is set to output anything but 24bit colors (as in 30 or 36bit). (LG 2017 OLED)

• russell89russell89 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@adamskoog said:

This was exactly the problem... I did not even know that the Xbox one app had built-in settings. Thank you!

• dionevsdionevs Posts: 1Members

I was also experiencing this problem and turning off Display Mode Switching fixed it. Thank you!

If someone could turn this on and get some Xbox One logs it would help with fixing the root cause of this issue.

• mzacconemzaccone Posts: 3Members

I'm having the same issue, I'm going to try to port log here a little later.

I've got the logs, where do I post them?

I figured it out, see attached log file.

@mzaccone said:
    I figured it out, see attached log file.

Your log wasn't attached. I'm guessing it's due to post count. I think you need like 5-10 posts before you can attach something. You should then be able to just drag and drop the whole zip file to the post.

In the interim, you can PM the logs to me and I will get them to the devs.