Xbox One app suddenly no audio

xbox-one

#1

Hi, for some reason I have suddenly lost all audio when playing back anything via the Xbox One app. Weirdly you can hear the audio for a split second when first loading the video or when fast forwarding through, but you get silence during normal playback.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried reinstalling the app to no avail


#2

Exact same thing here on Xbox one


#3

How can this have not been noticed and/or fixed? Can anybody else report the same on the current Xbox One version?


#4

Trying to figure this out, also. strange


#5

Try completely powering off the Xbox. unplug power. same with AV receiver. Then power them back up
worked for me


#6

Same issue here. Reinstalling the app and unplugging things did nothing to help.


#7

I think I figured out the issue on my Xbox.

I had Groove music playing and had turned up the music audio through the groove app while lowering the game audio. I never changed it after closing it and that seems to have caused my issue with Plex not playing audio.


#8

@wildgamer1 said:
I think I figured out the issue on my Xbox.

I had Groove music playing and had turned up the music audio through the groove app while lowering the game audio. I never changed it after closing it and that seems to have caused my issue with Plex not playing audio.

THIS THIS THIS! Thank you so much! I was listening to Spotify whilst gaming the other day and had set the slider all the way to the right; 100% Spotify and no game. This meant that Plex which was treated as a game was completely mute. The only way to actually access this slider was the go to the Spotify settings again via the home button and selected Spotify.

Shocking design Microsoft!

Thanks again! :slight_smile:


#9

Glad I could help!


#10

I’ve tried powering down but no change some shows have audio but majority have none other platforms are ok just Xbox one x seems to have trouble with audio


#11

I don’t have any music playing apps that I use on my Xbox. But I’m having the same issues where there’s no audio through Plex but I’ve audio through everything else. All my other devices that utilize Plex other than my Xbox are functioning just fine


#12

Just recently had this happen on my XBox One X - no audio on some content. Only seems to affect TV shows (encoded in AC3 and AAC for audio) and movies play fine (so far). Seems to have broken after 5/2 app update and/or recent XBox One update. I have adjusted XBox One bitstream format to use Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround, and Dolby Atmos for home theater with no resolution. Same TV/receiver setup and PS4 plays content just fine, tells me that it’s probably the app update. Any word on a fix from developers?


#13

@NASAInsight1 said:
Just recently had this happen on my XBox One X - no audio on some content. Only seems to affect TV shows (encoded in AC3 and AAC for audio) and movies play fine (so far). Seems to have broken after 5/2 app update and/or recent XBox One update. I have adjusted XBox One bitstream format to use Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround, and Dolby Atmos for home theater with no resolution. Same TV/receiver setup and PS4 plays content just fine, tells me that it’s probably the app update. Any word on a fix from developers?

I’m having this exact issue as well. Seems to coincide with the latest XB1 app update. Hopefully the devs are aware and a fix is on the way soon.


#14

After more testing, it seems like it’s primarily audio in AC3 5.1 that is failing with the new App - works on all platforms except XBox One with 5/2 update.


#15

We haven’t changed anything in the app recently around audio playback. Question, are any of you on the Insider builds? they update fairly frequently and audio issues are on their list of known problems.


#16

Currently not in Insider Program on this XBox - running version 10.0.17133.2020 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1804.180418-1415), updated April 24th. Plex is on version 2.9.1.70, updated May 2nd.


#17

@NASAInsight1 said:
Currently not in Insider Program on this XBox - running version 10.0.17133.2020 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1804.180418-1415), updated April 24th. Plex is on version 2.9.1.70, updated May 2nd.

I’m getting the same issue with mine. All the same details. This is quite annoying. None of my videos have working audio. @NASAInsight1 do you have any working audio on anything at all?

@Moussa there are other reports of this issue, can Plex do something about this?


#18

I have had a play with Spotify and I have also found some older content which the audio still works on in Plex.

When I play Spotify and launch the content in Plex with working audio it mixes the two tracks together, when I launch content in Plex with the audio not working Spotify also stops playing, exiting the video playback you get Spotify playing again automatically as if it never stopped.

Looking at the source files affected, it is .mkv files and x264 encoded .mp4 files I think.


#19

ok i’m still having this issue…its rather frustrating knowing that i’m PAYING for plex with plex pass and i can’t even use it on the device i primarily have it for. If this issue is from an update, why don’t they just roll it back to the previous version? i had no issues with that. considering going back to emby


#20

I am in the Insider program and noticed the audio stopped working. Seems to only impact the TV shows. In the Audio Stream settings under the show that is being streamed it’ll say Unknown AAC Stereo. The same show will work just fine on my PC or on another device. There is another Insider update today, so maybe that’ll fix it.