Any idea if Orange Pi supported?

rasplex

It's supposed to be a "Raspberry Pi clone," so I'm wondering if it's clonish enough to support Rasplex.

http://www.orangepi.org/

@camnchar said:
It's supposed to be a "Raspberry Pi clone," so I'm wondering if it's clonish enough to support Rasplex.

http://www.orangepi.org/

No idea, give it a try!

Regards

All right I will. Ordered!

I don't think it is anywhere close to a clone of anything but the idea of a small and powerful ARM based system, different CPU and GPU, dedicated ethernet chip etc.

I guess I figure if it can't run Rasplex I can always throw Android on there and see how that works.

@camnchar said:
All right I will. Ordered!

Me too, out of curiosity!

Regards

I'd also really like to know if this works. ^_^

Any update on this? has anyone managed to try it?

Latest update, it doesn't work.

Regards

@NedtheNerd said:
Latest update, it doesn't work.

Regards

Any progress planned on this or any clues as to why it failed to load?

I am interested in getting one myself due to the hardware decode support for h265/HVEC (including 10 bit depth colour) which would reduce transcoding and allow for higher quality formats using less space.

There will never be any progress on this, not really a RPi clone, it just looks similar, totally different hardware.

Regards

I know it's too late but if someone look here. I wanna register it. I'm actually using orange pi zero as plex server with no lags or problems.
The OS is DietPi and it's very easy to set-up plex in it. This opi zero is way better than I was expecting.

Also the purchase of one with the same idea, and I'm waiting to arrive, Brazil's post office and a problem to deliver international orders, makes me doubt:

1. Are the disks connected in USB?
  2. How many transcodifications did you get and what resolution?
  3. How are you feeding him with new content?

@gui9394 said:
Also the purchase of one with the same idea, and I'm waiting to arrive, Brazil's post office and a problem to deliver international orders, makes me doubt:

as a server?
as with a Pi, dont expect it to transcode
and you are better if you use an external hdd for the library

@videotecaCNSU said:

@gui9394 said:

as a server?
as with a Pi, dont expect it to transcode
and you are better if you use an external hdd for the library

For orange pi zero there is the expansion card "Orange Pi NAS" that can connect a disk via the sata.
And the tranconding was just to know was possible but already suspected that it could not.