I finally got PlexConnect working on my appleTV3. It’s great.
I didn’t realize that the new ATV profile could be installed WITHOUT USB, and I followed the Apple Configurator instructions on the Wiki.
However, I tried a few links and actually could not find the original version of “Apple Configurator”, only “Apple Configurator 2” on the App Store.
The process is essentially the same, but instructions are a bit different.
I’m placing them here, and will be happy to update the WIKI if someone gives me acccess to github.
Apple Configurator 2
- From the File menu, select New Profile.
- On the General tab, give the profile a name.
- Click the Certificates tab at the bottom.
- Click the Configure button and select the certificate you created earlier and then click Open.
- From the File menu, select Save.
- Plug in your AppleTV to a power source, then connect it to your Mac via micro USB. It will now appear in the Apple Configurator Device window.
- Click the Add button at the top. Select the Profile you created above. You’ll see some activity as the profile is added, including a status dialog. Once that closes, you are done!