Wow, that’s great customer support. The current tvOS app has been broken for 3 years and your response to when will it be fixed is, ‘your guess is as good as ours?’ If you can’t predict delivery within a 2 - 3 month window then you have no business being in the software business. The Plex client is currently broken on my Apple TV and on my Roku TV. I’ve been paying for Infuse for 3 years so I can play my Plex content on my Apple TV without the video stuttering all over the place. Unfortunately there isn’t an alternative for Roku so every time I launch the app I have to wait 30 seconds for the Home Screen to load.
I bought a Plex Pass lifetime subscription which I’m starting to regret.
But this wasn’t the case when the roll-out started. So why are things slowing down like this? It’s only making things worse since you already jumped the gun and several clients are already live.
[quote=“mroy5150, post:1582, topic:872121”]
I’ve been paying for Infuse for 3 years
[/quote]This won’t change, nothing in the new app fixes DV, audio, atmos, hdr10+, etc. Just get an infuse lifetime if you are happy.
I bought a Plex Pass lifetime subscription which I’m starting to regret.
this is for server features, not much about the lifetime gave any app support. it gives remote access to server, it gives server hw transcode, its mostly if not all about server.
If I had a date to give you I would give it to you. it was initial mean to be in a beta long ago. We would like it out as soon as possible. Anything I tell you could be wrong and would mean nothing because I do not know.. Things change all the time. I am not giving you some time range based on nothing. I’m sure there will be some sort of annoucnement when it is decided on.
If the project lead here has no timeline on their project, maybe replace the project lead with someone who knows how to manage SW projects? What are we doing here people?
(not that I want a new version released without watch together but that is another issue)
None of this makes any sense. When I suggest that Plex is abandoning the tvOS app, @BigWheel immediately responds indicating that, “We are making a new app with new interface for tvOS…” However, when we express enthusiasm and ask when it will be ready, the answer is, “It will be ready when it is ready…no ETA.” So they are not abandoning tvOS but there is no concrete plan to actually release a new/improved version. WTF???
What am I exaggerating about? Is there a target production release date that you are aware of that we missed? And, to say, “…there are far less issues than several months ago.” doesn’t mean anything to anyone. You either have a project plan with defined milestones or you do not.
Plex have stated many times over numerous discussions, they do not offer Project Release dates. It is that simple, if you don’t like that it is your prerogative to look elsewhere.
Is 2025.30.0 still the latest release for Plex Preview on Apple TV? There seemed to be some confusion about this in another thread that was recently closed.
At this point I don’t really care if they ever speak to the community because so far nothing they have ever said is valuable.
What I do want - and I don’t think I’m alone - is for them to release a new tvOS Plex App that actually works. The current version of the tvOS Plex App is over 12 months old and has been broken for over 3 years. Video playback frequently stutters and is unwatchable. I don’t think I am in the wrong for being completely frustrated by this.
You seem to be completely surprised and unable to understand why I am so frustrated. Do you not agree that the app isn’t and hasn’t been functional for over 3 years? If you aren’t experiencing any issues with the current version then I’d be very interested in better understanding what settings you are using so I can learn how to improve my experience. I’m not trying to be adversarial but I use Plex every day and am frustrated that I have to continue to pay for and use Infuse to properly play my movies and tv shows on my Apple TV.
I am using the appletv app every day and have been for years, it has bugs, sure, but it is not ‘broken’. If you say outlandish stuff like this, you are not being taken serious.