Bug Report - PS5 Music stuck buffering after server update

Server Version#: Windows 11x64 - 1.43.4.10903
Player Version#: Plex for PlayStation 5, Client Version 5.94.3, Platform Version 14.00

I previously made a topic but this is a more thorough bug report.

Reproduce:

Start Windows Plex Server.

Start PS5 app.

Navigate to a Music Library in PS5 app and attempt to play a song.

PS5 gets stuck with a circle saying Buffering. Plex Server shows that it is transcoding, and there is a Plex Transcoder.exe running. No music coming through. Eventually PS5 says “Playback Error - An unexpected playback problem occurred.”

At this point Plex Transcoder.exe is done and the server console is no longer reporting transcoding.

Music works fine in other sources such as PlexAmp on phone.

I have tried:

reinstalling the app on PS5

restarting PS5 and PC

clearing the server cache

clearing the server codecs

clearing the transcode sessions.

My next step for now will be to try downgrading the server to a previous working version, but hopefully this is a temporary measure.

I’m hesitant to share a full set of logs on a public forum. I’m attaching the session where I just reproduced the error. I’m happy to send a full set of logs directly to support.

Plex Media Server.log (3.7 MB)

I downgraded to 10896, still failed (didn’t stay on buffering circle, but also didn’t play). I did forget to reboot the PC before trying it, though.

I downgraded to 10828 - the music is back!