Can you ignore a library during a periodical scan?

Is it possible to configure Plex to ignore a library as part of the periodical scan? My Music collection is large and Plex takes a long time to scan it. My music hardly changes so I wish I could exclude it from the scan and do it manually. Thanks for the help.

Why would you do the periodical scan when you can use the partial or automatic scan? Both of those options only scan when there is a change in a specific folder, so if your music library has no changes it won’t be scanned.

I have the same question. For me on FreeNAS, I use scheduled scanning as FreeNAS will not detect library changes. I rarely add music anymore but the library still gets scanned with the schedule. I would like to skip the scheduled scanning of the very large Music library and only run a scan on it when I add music just as csthopper asks

@Jasonogren said:
I have the same question. For me on FreeNAS, I use scheduled scanning as FreeNAS will not detect library changes. I rarely add music anymore but the library still gets scanned with the schedule. I would like to skip the scheduled scanning of the very large Music library and only run a scan on it when I add music just as csthopper asks

Yup, this exactly. Plex is on a Windows Server, and I have network folder mappings to my NAS. This configuration doesn’t support automatic updates so I have to use the periodic scan. Such a waste of I/O to scan my Music directory every hour, which takes 10 minutes, when it changes only a couple of times a year.

+1 for this. Same win server and network share configuration as above. My music libraries take HOURS to scan (sometimes days I think). I’ve resorted to turning off automatic scanning and manually kicking off a scan of the TV folder - but that’s a pain when I sit down to watch a show since I can’t do that from the mobile app (that’s another request).

+1 here, as well. Same type of situation, with the NAS not triggering automatic updates. Glad to see I’m not the only one with this request.

+1 as well, same exact issue. Huge Music collection, Synology NAS that doesn’t detect changes, etc.

I, too, would really appreciate this feature. I just started trying out Plex for music, and the library scans take way too long, and are not needed.

+1, please add option to exclude libaries from scanning. Also got a large music collection that almost blocks the normal tv and movie scan.