Disable Media Logos

The new Plex UI finally hit my clients, and I can already see a lot of curation issues. There are logos for TV and movies now, which puts too much trust in the agent to correctly map them. I thought managing thousands of TV shows and movies was time consuming. Now you want me to manage a logo for each of them too? Please add a toggle to disable the logos on our media so only text is displayed. For the 3 shows we have been watching, all 3 had broken logos due to including a random season within them. There are also shows in foreign languages that have their translated titles hidden to display logos in the languages we can’t read. For the $700 lifetime license, I would strongly appreciate a little QOL in the player. Thanks. We will probably be downgrading our APKs to get around this for now.

(This was already suggested here and ignored until it automatically closed)

There was a couple of additional threads after that one including … Logo - unselect image does not stick and returns upon a metadata refresh - #6 by dokuro.

I use a python script to remove & lock these clearlogos and this works really well. I still wish there was a global option to disable them but as this works I’ve learnt to just run this when I add new media.

from plexapi.server import PlexServer

def delete_logo(library, libtype=None):
    for item in library.all(libtype):
#        print(f'{item.title} ({item.year})')
        item.deleteLogo()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    plex = PlexServer('http://xx.xx.xx.xx:32400')
    print(f'Deleting logo artwork from plex - please wait ...')

    for library in plex.library.sections():
        if library.type == 'movie':
            delete_logo(library)

        elif library.type == 'show':
            delete_logo(library)

    print(f'Finished!')