Embedded Version?

plex-media-player

Any chance that we’ll get a new beta build of the x64 embedded version sometime soon? The last build was 2.2 from mid December on nightlies.plex.tv.

+1 for the embedded, as I committed my Nuc to the embedded version and do not want to buy and install windows to have the latest version updates.

• 1 Embedded seems a little forgotten.

Embedded is still on our radar, we're working on some performance improvements before releasing a beta.

I’d love an x86_64 embedded build that is up to date!

Awesome. Happy to try it out and help. Would love to get some of the new client features in the embedded client.

Embedded will be on par with other builds soon. As markus said, it’s being fine tuned to offer good performance.

+1, I'd like to see that too

@LongChair said:
Embedded will be on par with other builds soon. As markus said, it’s being fine tuned to offer good performance.

Awesome, I can't wait. Will 'on par' include Live TV support (since not all clients have this anyway)?

I hope it includes Live TV. Keen to see an update to the embedded client. With the Windows and Mac already up to v2.5 I'm hoping the embedded version will come out with those features.

Keen to help and test so sing out if you guys need testers. Although I'm sure once it's release into Beta there will be a heaps of people testing.

The embedded version needs to add support for a remote controls Power Off/Toggle for HTPC's

@jrepetti said:
The embedded version needs to add support for a remote controls Power Off/Toggle for HTPC's

Exactly. Turning off the TV (i.e. power off) should at least act as a stop.
Current PMP Embedded on a Samsung J series ignores the power off completely, meaning the show continues to end.
Not a great user experience, as the User doesn't expect the show to continue play8ing (think Kodi, Netflix, etc, which also "stop" the currently playing content when TV is powered off).

Bumperty Bump - any updates (Plex team?). Have been waiting for this one / Live TV on RPi for a loooooong time.

Keep up the good work

I can't see how it's a good idea to withhold betas from the Plex Pass community. We're going to be able to vigorously test and report back issues. We get that performance is always a bit iffy this early on, but please don't wait too long to bring these back to regular releases.

Can we get another update here? The last time was February 13.

Plex Embedded is WAYYYYY behind everything else now, fingers crossed it gets an update soon

2.8 came out and still no embedded version. As plexpass subscribers, why can’t we get a beta version at least?

A few of us haven't waited and we have just compiled the community version of Plex Media Player. I'm running 2.8 on a RPi2 now. Happy to share the image.

Want to add my voice here also. Please update on progress.

+1 on the update. Patiently waiting.

Side note, but is there a "best value" box that can DirectPlay 4K x265 HVEC content? I'm currently using the old ASUS Chromebox that I paid $150 for. Absolutely flawless performance with DirectPlaying my 1080p x264 content. Was wondering if such a box existed yet for x265.

I've been building the image myself for x84_64. I just set up a cron to build it every day and update my one drive folder:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am5k0gWuPRCRorNJhcvUGWqKwVU92g