Feature request: Media admin notes

I run a server that I share primarily with family members. I have public libraries that I share with every user and private libraries that I reserve for myself. Sometimes, I find myself moving a particular media item from private to public, because I believe the public audience would appreciate it. I also sometimes would like to give the public audience a primer/disclaimer/explainer for the media in question, something that I currently do via other means. How to watch it/what to expect when it might be triggering but ultimately inspiring, etc. It would be really cool if I could, as the admin, tag specific media with notes that would be obviously surfaced to users when they access said media.

Anyhow, love your work. Thanks for the consideration. If you were open source, I’d help, but I understand :wink:.

You might want to check out the user review option. In this case, you could configure you review (admin note) as private, so it’s only visible to your inner circle.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/user-reviews/

I don’t see that feature on Plex Web (app.plex.tv), the Ubuntu snap app (which I think is just a wrapper around the web app that also supports H265), or the iPhone app, which are my three ways of using the player. What I do see in all three cases is a way to assign 0-5 stars to a media item without any option for a text review or, on the phone app only, “Start a Discussion.” When I start a discussion on my phone, the only place I see any indication of it is also on the phone. I also looked on the LG TV app one of my users uses, all through the profile menu, friends, and the media I started a discussion on itself, and there’s no indication of it anywhere.

So sorry, but those docs just aren’t accurate for a bunch of different ways of accessing Plex, and the inconsistencies between apps muddy the waters further. I don’t see any way of using user reviews at all (beyond assigning stars), much less using them for the purpose I described.

I found the user settings for reviews and visibility, by the way. I had it set to critics only/fully private. I expected changing which kind of reviews to only affect visibility, not the ability to create reviews, and on changing it to critics & plex users, it seems I was correct. Nothing has changed in terms of the ability to write text reviews as the linked article describes.

Have you verified the requirements for this feature in the support article linked above?